Truck accidents are often much more complex than standard car accidents and can cause serious injuries or even death due to the sheer size and weight of the vehicles involved. If you or your loved one was injured in a truck accident in Bridgeville, you should act quickly. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and other losses. A Bridgeville truck accident lawyer can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
The injury attorneys at Berger and Green have a proven track record of success in truck accident cases and are here to fight for you.
Recoverable Damages in a Truck Crash Claim
Two types of damages may be recovered in a personal injury case: economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are awarded to compensate a victim for quantifiable financial losses, while non-economic damages are awarded to compensate a victim for more subjective losses.
Economic damages recoverable in a Bridgeville truck accident case include:
- Medical expenses: These include all the medical bills you have incurred as a result of the accident, including hospital stays, surgeries, doctor’s visits, and more.
- Lost wages/earning capacity: If you have been unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover lost wages. You can also recover loss of future earnings if your injuries prevent you from working at all.
- Property damage: You can recover the costs of repairing or replacing your car if it was damaged in the accident.
- Rehabilitative therapy costs: This includes the costs of any therapy you may need to help you recover from your injuries, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and psychological therapy.
Non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: You can recover compensation for the physical and emotional pain you endured as a result of the accident.
- Mental anguish: Compensation may be available for anxiety, depression, nightmares, and other mental health issues due to the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: This is the loss of the ability to enjoy the things that you once enjoyed doing before your injuries.
- Scarring: This is the permanent damage to the body as a result of an injury, such as physical scars and damage to internal organs.
Damages Recoverable in a Wrongful Death Truck Accident Claim
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident in Bridgeville, please accept our condolences. We understand that no amount of money can ever set things right; however, recovering compensation for expenses and losses related to the accident can give you the time and space to grieve.
Our team can help you file a wrongful death claim to recover:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Future lost earnings and lost benefits
- Loss of services
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of comfort
Our team can handle every aspect of your case so you can focus on grieving your loved one and spending time with family.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Bridgeville, call 412-661-1400
Berger and Green Can Help You After a Truck Accident in Bridgeville
Truck accidents can cause serious or catastrophic injuries, especially if they jackknife or rollover. These accidents can be especially dangerous and affect multiple people.
Pennsylvania truck accident victims face complex claims processes and insurance companies that may try to lowball claims. A lawyer can help you protect your rights and ensure your case is handled properly. Here are several ways our firm can help you after a truck accident in Bridgeville.
Gather Evidence To Prove Fault and Liability
The trucking company controls much of the evidence you may need to build your case. To ensure the evidence is not lost or destroyed, our team can send a letter of spoliation requesting they preserve documents and material related to the accident.
We can also gather other evidence, such as:
- The accident report
- Eyewitness testimony
- Accident reconstruction reports
- Medical records
- Photos and videos of the accident
Determine a Fair Value for Your Case
Once we have investigated your accident, we will determine the value of your case and negotiate for a settlement that covers your losses.
Manage Communication with the Insurance Company
Dealing with the insurance company can be a frustrating experience as it is easy to say something that may jeopardize your case. Even something as simple as, “I’m sorry” or “I’m okay” can be used against you. Our team will handle all communication with the insurer and any involved parties to protect your right to compensation.
Prepare Your Case for Trial
Our team can also prepare your case for trial if we deem that is the best course of action to recover the compensation you need.
Bridgeville Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Act Before the Statute of Limitations Expires or Risk Recovering Nothing
You have limited time to file a lawsuit for a truck accident injury. Per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524,
you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. You will likely be barred from bringing a case if you do not file within this timeframe.
This may seem like a long time, but it is important to remember that gathering all the evidence, speaking to witnesses, and building a case may take time. As such, starting the process as soon as possible is important. A truck accident lawyer from our firm will ensure that you do not miss the deadline.
Click to contact our Bridgeville Personal Injury Lawyers today
You Can Afford Legal Help
Many injured people do not seek legal help because they think they cannot afford it. This is not true. We handle cases on a contingency-fee basis. You pay us no upfront fees and only pay attorney’s fees if we recover compensation on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Injury Accidents Can Help You Recover After Your Truck Accident
The injuries you sustain can be life-changing, and the legal process can be complex and confusing. You do not need to handle this alone.
A Bridgeville truck accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Call or text 412-661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form