Truck accidents often result in victims struggling to recover physically, emotionally, and financially. While your body heals, you may be left with expensive medical bills and the fallout of time spent away from work. You shouldn’t have to bear these burdens on your own, especially if your accident was caused by another person’s negligence.
If you have been in an accident with a truck, our lawyers are ready to fight to recover a fair settlement or judgment. We can file your case, negotiate for fair compensation, and protect your rights with adjusters, opposing legal counsel, or in court.
Compensation You May Recover After Your Accident
In Pennsylvania, the compensation you may recover after a truck accident depends somewhat on your car insurance. You’re offered no-fault car insurance, which means that it doesn’t matter who is responsible for the accident; your insurance will cover whoever is under your policy up to your coverage limits. There are exceptions, depending on the severity of your injuries and if you opted for full tort or limited tort coverage.
After reviewing your policy, our attorneys will fully explain these and other issues surrounding compensation. In general, the damages that may be covered are:
- Property damage
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Future medical care
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Bellevue, call 412-661-1400
How Our Attorneys Help You
Our truck accident attorneys will investigate all facets of the accident and compile the resulting data for use in your case. Areas of interest may include:
- Accident scene — Our investigators and experts will look at the weather and visibility at the time of the accident, the road conditions, traffic movement, skid marks, and other physical evidence at the scene.
- Visual evidence — We gather video from CCTV, footage from individuals present at the time of the accident, along with still images to shed light on what was happening just before, during, and after the accident.
- Statements — We collect statements from witnesses and the passengers and drivers involved in the accident.
- Vehicle inspections — Our experts examine the vehicles involved in the accident for damage that can be attributed to the accident. They may also be able to identify mechanical failure due to poor maintenance or worn parts which may implicate a liable party.
- Reports — Our attorneys collect copies of reports generated by police, the insurance agency, or other accident investigators.
- Medical records — We pull together copies of your medical records and documentation of the injuries you sustained from the accident.
Once we’ve gathered the evidence, we build your case and file your claim. Throughout the process, we communicate with involved parties, negotiate with insurance companies for a fair settlement, and prepare for trial (should negotiations not produce an appropriate settlement for you).
Our Representation Won’t Cost You Anything Upfront
Our Bellevue, Pennsylvania truck accident attorneys are dedicated to helping you pursue fair compensation for the losses you suffered in the accident.
We sympathize with the burden of the unexpected expenses that an accident can impose. So, we offer a free consultation where we learn about your experience and answer your questions. We also work on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay no attorneys’ fees until we successfully recover compensation for you.
We have more than 40 years of experience and will apply our knowledge and resources to your case.
A Berger and Green Client’s Experience
“. . .I was in a horrific car accident. . .and once Bill became my attorney he actually would just call me out of the blue to see if I was doing okay. He always called to let me know if he was going on vacation or out of town and then he called me when he got back. That really set great with me because now I felt safe and he was always so honest with everything and even when things were pretty bad with me and I would be very upset about something, he always calmed me down. . . It will never give me back what I lost but it was something…it’s kind of like something that made you feel there is some justice in the world. Berger Green, you know, they’re the best.” —Helene
Bellevue Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Liability For Your Truck Accident
Determining who is responsible for your accident will play a part in how your case is resolved. Identifying potentially responsible parties usually occurs during our investigation and they may include:
- The truck driver who may be an employee of a company or an independent contractor. Their driving history and the physical condition they were in when the accident occurred play a part in their liability.
- The local government agency responsible for road maintenance. If the road was in disrepair and contributed to or caused the accident, liability could rest with the agency.
- The trucking company that may have demanded an unreasonable delivery schedule from the driver or may have poorly maintained the truck.
- The cargo loaders who may have improperly stowed the cargo, causing it to shift during transport and throw the truck off balance.
- The manufacturers of parts used in the truck may have produced defective pieces that contributed to the truck’s malfunction and caused the accident.
Our attorneys and expert witnesses will review the various aspects of liability to indicate the responsible party or parties. When we identify who is responsible and who may have contributed, we will pursue them for your financial recovery.
Click to contact our Bellevue Personal Injury Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations For Filing Your Claim
Typically, you have two years from the date of the accident to file your claim in Pennsylvania, per the statute of limitations. However, that time isn’t absolute. Our attorneys will clarify how much time you have for your specific case when you call for your initial consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Berger and Green Today
Our Bellevue truck accident attorneys understand that the injuries, property damage, paperwork, and legal demands that come with an accident are overwhelming for most people. We’re here to help you. From the moment you step into our office, you have a dedicated partner whose mission is to restore some peace and stability to your life.
Call or text 412-661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form