If you got injured in the Avalon, Pennsylvania, area in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you might have legal grounds to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. An Avalon slip and fall injury lawyer could help you with your injury claim or lawsuit.
Property owners are not automatically liable every time someone gets hurt on their premises, but they can be held accountable if the person was injured due to the landowner’s negligence. We can handle everything from the investigation to negotiating for your compensation to representing you in court.
Who Can Be Liable for Your Injuries After a Slip and Fall Accident in Avalon, PA
Multiple parties could be held liable for injuries sustained on another person’s property. Some of these potentially liable parties include:
- The land owner
- The property management company
- Maintenance technician companies
- Other tenants
- Parts manufacturers
- Property inspection companies
Demonstrating the Four Elements of Negligence in Slip and Fall Cases
To demonstrate to the insurer, judge, or jury that the responsible party is liable for your losses, your attorney will need to show that the accident meets these four criteria of negligence:
- The landowner owed you a duty of care. The duty of care owed to you by landowners depends on the reason for being on the property, but generally the owner and those responsible for upkeep have to keep their property reasonably safe.
- Someone violated this duty of care. It could be that there was a dangerous condition on the property that the landowner knew about or should have known about and failed to repair it.
- You fell as a result of this negligence. You were behaving as a reasonably prudent individual would, and you slipped or fell because of a problem on the property.
- You have quantifiable losses because of this negligence. This may include physical injuries, mental and emotional problems, and financial losses.
You can talk with a team member at Berger and Green about whether your circumstances meet the requirements to hold the responsible parties liable for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Injury lawyer serving Avalon, call 412-661-1400
The Benefits of Using an Avalon Slip and Fall Attorney for Your Claim
We perform a thorough investigation for every Avalon slip and fall injury case we handle. You will not have to do this legwork yourself, as you have other priorities to focus on. Additional services we provide our personal injury clients include:
- We talk to you about how the accident happened, the injuries you suffered, and how you are recuperating. We want to know the ongoing problems you are experiencing because of the accident.
- We take the time to listen to you, discuss your concerns, answer your questions, explain the legal process, and, if necessary, file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- We prepare a demand letter that lays out the reasons the landowner is liable for your injuries. This letter often starts the negotiation process. You will not have to deal with the insurer yourself because we handle this and other communication.
- We build your case for compensation with evidence that we can present to support your claims. If we do reach a settlement, we review the settlement documents before you sign, to protect your future financial stability.
These steps are a general overview of how injury claims are handled. Every case is different, so there may be additional steps, depending on your situation. No matter what your case entails, we will handle the legal process from start to finish.
Avalon Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Recoverable Damages in an Avalon Premises Liability Claim
There is no average amount that a person could collect for their injuries from a slip and fall accident. Instead, their specific injuries and case circumstances will determine the types of damages they could pursue.
Here are some of the types of compensation we have won for our clients:
- Lost wages. You might have missed time from work while recuperating from your injuries. and you did not get paid for all of your time, we can demand the income you lost.
- Future lost wages. If you have long-term limitations in your ability to perform job-related tasks, you might not be able to earn as much money as you did before the accident. If that is the case, we can demand compensation for your diminished earning capacity. Impairments that can affect you on the job include things like chronic pain, weakness, decreased range of motion, loss of mobility, and loss of function.
- Medical expenses. Typically, an injured person can recover the reasonable cost of the medical treatment for their injuries from the at-fault party.
- Personal losses. This category could include things like disfigurement, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life due to impairments.
Your Avalon slip and fall lawyer can talk with you about other possible types of damages we could demand in your injury claim.
Filing Deadline for an Avalon Slip and Fall Accident
Personal injury clients are subject to their state’s filing deadline, and if they miss this deadline, they could lose their right to seek compensation for their injuries and other losses. The Pennsylvania personal injury statute of limitations is only two years, according to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524.
In some cases, this deadline could be shortened or extended. These instances are rare. Your attorney can interpret the appropriate deadline for your case, track and fulfill this deadline, and protect your right to recover your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Choose Berger and Green to Recover Compensation After Your Slip and Fall
The Berger and Green law firm is devoted to helping people who get injured due to the negligence of others. We know how important it is for injured people to be able to move forward, personally and financially. We aim to help with this process by advocating for you to insurers or in civil court proceedings.
You can reach out to us here to get started. We are happy to offer a free initial consultation with no obligation.