The problem with the product is that it is made up of many small magnets. If a child ingests more than one magnet, they can attract each other in the child’s digestive system, causing blockages, perforations, and other serious injuries. In some cases, children have even died.

The CPSC confirms that it has worked with Maxfield and Oberton in the past both to educate the public about the dangers of the product and to ensure that labeling meets safety standards. Nevertheless, the injuries to children have continued. Despite reports of approximately two dozen ingestion injuries since 2009, the company still refuses to recall its products.

A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help

For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400

If you or someone you love has suffered injury due to a negligently designed or manufactured product, contact an experienced personal injury attorney. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can assess your case and help you get the compensation for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering you deserve. For more information about what an experienced personal injury lawyer can do for you, contact us today.

Source: Chicago Tribune, “Safety agency requests recall of magnetic desk toys,” Monica Eng.

Call or text (412) 661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form