When involved in an car accident, truck collision or motorcycle crash review the following tips:
- Stop immediately.
- If it is safe to do so, move your vehicle so as not to obstruct traffic. For the accident report, however, you need to make a note of its location prior to moving. If you have a disposable camera or camera phone, take photos of the scene, cars and damage.
- Exchange vital information with the other driver. You need the names of the driver and owner of the car, their address, their phone number, their license number, and their insurance information.
- Be sure to get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses and police officers on the scene.
- Immediately notify your insurance agent and insurance company. Provide them with details of the car accident, including the location of the accident and how it occurred. Note any injuries or damages to your, any passengers and any property
- Try to remain calm. Do not admit fault or discuss the accident with the other driver or witnesses.
- Avoid arguing with the other driver. Do not leave the scene of the accident until you have identified yourself and your license number, and provided information about your insurance company.
- Do not give a statement to anyone or sign a release until you have called a car accident attorney at Berger and Green.
- Do not accept a check for any reason from the other driver’s insurance company. By doing so, you may be giving up your right to sue. A check could have a release or similar language that you may not notice.
- CALL THE INJURY LAWYERS AT BERGER AND GREEN at (412) 661-1400 or submit an online form. We help people collect money damages in all types of injury, wrongful death, disability, social security, and workers compensation cases.
BERGER AND GREEN
Attorneys at Law
THE ONLY NUMBER YOU NEED
Free case evaluations • NO attorneys’ fees or costs unless we recover a settlement, benefits, or verdict in your case