W.A.T.C.H.’s Top Ten Unsafe Toys for 2019 Released.
According to the latest statistics from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there were an estimated 251,700 toy-related injuries in the U.S. in 2017, and a reported 37 children died from toy-related incidents from 2015 to 2017.
The consumer group, World Against Toys Causing Harm, also known as W.A.T.C.H, has released their list of the “10 worst toys” parents should look out for during their holiday shopping. These “10 worst toys” are unsafe due to their design and hazardous parts that could potentially make them harmful to children.
W.A.T.C.H.’s complete list of 2019’s “worst toys.”
- NERF ULTRA ONE: Potential for eye injuries.
- SPIKE THE FINE MOTOR HEDGEHOG: Potential for ingestion and choking injuries.
- BUNCHEMS BUNCH’N BUILD: Potential for hair entanglement and choking.
- YETI: Potential for ingestion and aspiration injuries.
- NICKELODEON FROZEN TREATS SLIME: Potential for chemical ingestion and irritation injuries.
- ANSTOY ELECTRONIC TOY GUN: Realistic toy weaponry.
- DIECAST SCHOOL BUS: Potential for choking injuries.
- POGO TRICK BOARD: Potential for eye, face and other impact injuries.
- POWER RANGERS ELECTRONIC CHEETAH CLAW: Potential for eye and facial injuries.
- VIGA PULL ALONG CATERPILLAR: Potential for strangulation and entanglement injuries.
To see the list, click here.
For a free legal consultation, call 412-661-1400
Recovering compensation after an injury from a defective product
Keep in mind, this is only a short list of toys and represents one group’s findings. According to the Toy Industry Association, all toys for sale on U.S. shelves go through some of the strictest safety requirements in the world.
When choosing toys for children this holiday season, pay attention to the design and features of the toy. This would include small detachable parts, sharp objects and loose cords. Ultimately, choose toys that you feel are fitting for your family.
If your child was injured due to a defective or unsafe toy, contact the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green today at 412-661-1400. You and your child may be entitled to compensation.
W.A.T.C.H., “W.A.T.C.H. REVEALS ITS 2019 NOMINEES FOR THE “10 WORST TOYS” THIS HOLIDAY SEASON”