Pittsburgh Ridesharing Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing is an indispensable form of transportation in Pittsburgh and cities across America. Contracted drivers can be a valuable resource for those who do not have their own vehicles or want to avoid driving while intoxicated. Ridesharing has also presented certain dangers which you or a loved one may have been a victim of.
A Pittsburgh Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer will help you fight for any compensation that you deserve. Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400 for a free consultation about how we can assist you.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accident lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 412-661-1400
Rideshare Drivers Make Mistakes Too
Those who willingly accept others into their vehicle accept responsibility for those peoples’ lives. So, the standard of care is greater for Uber and Lyft drivers than those who are not rideshare contractors.
Your accident may have been due to negligent, dangerous behavior. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) notes that dangerous driving behaviors include:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while on drugs
- Driving while tired
Uber and Lyft drivers could endanger all forms of people by:
- Failing to stay in their own lane
- Making dangerous turns
- Failing to obey traffic signals such as red lights and stop signs
- Driving on parts of the road where driving is illegal
- Failing to maintain their tires, headlights, windshield wipers, and other safety-impacting vehicle features
- Driving aggressively
U.S. News & World Report cites findings that ridesharing has increased the total number of accidents on America’s roads, reiterating that rideshare drivers are susceptible to being in collisions just as any solo driver is.
Ridesharing Puts More Cars on the Road
Arguments regarding the danger of ridesharing generally state that services such as Uber and Lyft:
- Have substantially decreased the barriers of entry for those who want to earn money by driving others
- Have increased the total number of vehicles on the road, as Uber and Lyft drivers may spend substantial time on roads simply waiting for rides
- Have increased the number of accidents by contributing to traffic congestion and thus the number of opportunities for accidents to occur
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a rideshare accident, then you are not alone. Forbes notes that Uber and Lyft—the preeminent ridesharing services—have caused increased traffic deaths since their inception.
There are many scenarios in which you may have been harmed because of a rideshare driver’s actions. They include:
- You were harmed as a rider in a rideshare vehicle
- You were harmed as a pedestrian or bicyclist struck by a rideshare vehicle
- You were harmed as a motorist or passenger in a vehicle struck by a rideshare vehicle
- You were harmed as a motorcyclist struck by a rideshare vehicle
In any case, a Pittsburgh Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer will determine whether you are owed compensation and fight for any awards that you are entitled to. Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400 to discuss how we may help after a rideshare accident.
Pittsburgh Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Your Lawyer Will Assess Your Losses
One service that your lawyer will provide is the assessment and calculation of your accident-related losses. Potential damages that could come from a rideshare collision include:
- Medical care for your injuries
- Psychological therapy for your trauma
- Rehabilitation for your injuries
- Income you lose during your recovery
- A decline in your long-term earning power
- Long-term or permanent disability
- Scarring or other forms of disfigurement
- Damage to your vehicle
- Damage to personal property inside of your vehicle
- Harm to your general quality of life
If you have suffered any losses beyond these, then your lawyer will account for them and assign them value. They will also project the likely cost of your accident-related losses into the future when applicable.
Your lawyer can use the calculation of your losses as an anchor point when negotiating a settlement, whether through insurance or a lawsuit.
Your Lawyer Will Manage Your Claim or Lawsuit
Hiring a lawyer can take the responsibility of an insurance claim or lawsuit out of your hands. Your lawyer will deal with insurers and other attorneys from the moment you retain them until your claim or suit is complete.
Some of the specific duties that your lawyer can fulfill include:
- Speaking with insurance representatives on your behalf
- Advising you before you make any essential statements to insurance representatives
- Negotiating an insurance settlement
- Gauging the merits and faults of any settlement offers that you receive
If insurance negotiations do not result in an acceptable settlement, then your lawyer may begin your lawsuit. Once you choose this course of action your lawyer will:
- Gather all accident-related evidence
- Organize documentation of your injuries
- Speak with experts
- Organize witness and expert testimony within your case
- Submitting your lawsuit
- Filing all paperwork required to complete your suit
- Making appearances on your behalf
- Negotiating a pre-trial settlement
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
Your lawyer will defend your rights and free you to focus on other affairs important to you, such as your recovery. A lawyer can also help you bring a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a loved one in a rideshare accident.
Call Berger and Green Today
The team at Berger and Green can provide legal services. A Pittsburgh Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer will weigh the facts of:
- Your accident,
- Your accident-related losses, and
- The evidence available to you
Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400 for a free consultation. We can execute a strategy for seeking compensation.