Were you or someone you love injured in an accident caused by negligence? Our Franklin Park, PA personal injury lawyer will help you identify the at-fault party. We will also help you prove their negligence caused your accident and resulting financial damages. Our legal team will investigate, collect evidence, and handle all written, verbal, and electronic communication.
While we take care of the details of your case, you can focus on your physical recovery. At Berger and Green, we work hard to achieve the best possible outcome for you. You can learn more about our commitment to your financial recovery with a free review of your case.
Steps We Will Take to Build Your Personal Injury Claim
When we take on the insurance company for you, we handle every aspect of your case. Our legal team will:
- Read and review medical records
- Obtain a copy of your police report
- Complete and submit insurance forms
- Clarify legal and insurance jargon
- Handle all case-related communication
- Consult relevant expert witnesses
- Negotiate a favorable financial settlement
We understand how hard it can be to wait for a resolution to your case, so we explain how long it typically takes for a personal injury lawsuit to be resolved. We also provide ongoing updates on the progress of your personal injury case.
Our Investigation Will Prove Negligence and Liability
To hold the at-fault party in your accident accountable for its financial aftermath, you must prove their negligence was the cause. In personal injury cases, that means proving the following:
- Duty of care — the at-fault party’s responsibility to take reasonable steps to provide for your safety
- Breach of duty — the at-fault party’s failure to take appropriate action
- Causation — establishing a connection between the at-fault party’s action and your injuries
- Damages — the financial costs and consequences of your injuries and property damage
Our team will prove these required legal elements with your evidence file. We start by listening to your version of the events that led to the accident. We also conduct an independent investigation to uncover additional supportive evidence.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Franklin Park, call 412-661-1400
Types of Recoverable Damages Available in Personal Injury Claims
Economic damages after an accident include expenses with a fixed monetary value that can be proven with documentation. They can include:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future lost wages
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
You can also recover non-economic damages. These do not usually have an established cost since they are based on the toll the accident took on your life. They can be documented, though, with your medical prognosis and your own written statement. Non-economic damages include:
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
Calculating your damages on your own can be difficult. Our personal injury attorney serving Franklin Park, Pennsylvania, will handle it for you. Our assessment will ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
Evidence We Collect in Your Personal Injury Case
The evidence our investigation uncovers will tell the story of your accident in detail. It will also influence the settlement negotiation process. The weight of the evidence can steer your case toward an out-of-court settlement versus a trial.
The evidence we collect for you will include the following:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Written prognosis
- Salary history records
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
- Expert reports
Our law firm does more than collect evidence. We also organize it and submit it to the at-fault party’s insurer on your behalf.
Franklin Park Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas in Franklin Park
If someone else’s negligence injured you or a family member, we will help you fight for compensation. Our law firm provides legal services and support after the following accidents:
- Car, bus, and truck accidents
- Dog bite accidents
- Medical malpractice cases
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents
- Physical assault
- Product liability cases
- Sexual abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace injuries
Our law firm offers free reviews of accidental injury cases. We will review the details of your case and explain the steps we will take to pursue compensation on your behalf.
We Help Car Accident Claimants
There were 1,190 fatal car accidents in 2018, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. If you suffered losses from a collision, your lawyer can help you fight for compensation. We can use the evidence in your case to assign liability and pursue the cost of your accident-related expenses.
Some of the contributing factors in your accident could include:
- Distracted driving
- Improper turns
- Proceeding without proper clearance
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Careless or illegal passing
- Drowsy driving
After your lawyer determines how your accident occurred, they can pursue compensation from the at-fault party. Whether your case is settled in or out of court will rest on the path your case takes.
We Represent Claimants in Slip and Fall Accidents
In Pennsylvania, property owners must maintain their properties in a safe manner to avoid harm to visitors. The legal responsibility of the property owner depends on whether the visitor is a customer or a social guest. When it comes to trespassers, liability for an accident can be limited.
A property owner can be held liable for the damages a visitor sustains if they:
- Knew or reasonably should have known about a hazard on their property
- Should have expected visitors not to be aware of the danger
- Failed to exercise reasonable care to protect visitors from the danger
Liability in a slip and fall accident depends on where you were injured. For example, if you were injured while visiting a chain grocery store, you could pursue the greater corporation for damages. However, if you were injured while visiting a government property, a government department or municipality can be responsible.
We Advocate for Those Injured in Workplace Accidents
In Pennsylvania, most employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect their employees, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry (DLI).
Employees may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if they are injured in accidents involving:
- Refinery or gas explosions
- Construction accidents
- Refinery accidents
- Work-related car accidents
- Defective equipment or machinery
- Toxic exposure
- Steel mills
- Coal mining
If you are injured while on the job, you cannot sue your employer. However, if you were injured by a third party, you could take that route of pursuing compensation. For example, let’s say that while working on the job, you were injured by a defective power tool. In that situation, you would have the basis of a product liability claim against the maker of that product. You may be able to recover workers’ compensation and pursue additional funds from another party.
Your Franklin Park, PA personal injury lawyer can review the details of your case and explain your legal options. Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400.
We Help People File Medical Malpractice Claims
When you undergo treatment, you expect your doctor to promote your health and wellbeing. However, this does not always happen. If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, you could include multiple parties in your claim. This could include your doctor, their attending staff, a pharmacist, or the greater facility where you received care.
Some examples of medical malpractice include:
- Failing to diagnose a condition
- Failing to consult a patient’s medical history
- Breaching patient/doctor confidentiality
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Using excessive force in a medical procedure
- Leaving a foreign object inside the body
- Failing to act appropriately in an emergency situation
Your Franklin Park, PA personal injury attorney will need to prove that the at-fault party’s treatment did not meet the standard of care.
We Help Claimants with Wrongful Death Claims
If you lost a loved one due to the negligent, reckless, or intentional actions of another party, you may be able to pursue compensation under Pennsylvania’s Consolidated Statutes, Title 42, Chapter 83.
Recoverable losses in a wrongful death claim could include:
- Funeral, burial, and memorial expenses
- The decedent’s end-of-life medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of household assistance and parental guidance
- Loss of income
You may be able to pursue the cost of damages that we have not listed here.
Your Time is Limited to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Pennsylvania
In Franklin Park, Pennsylvania, the personal injury statute of limitations is generally two years, according to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. The statute allows you to file a lawsuit until that point. In most cases, your case will settle without going to court. If it cannot be resolved with an agreed-upon settlement, we will file our lawsuit before time runs out.
Similarly, if a loved one was fatally injured due to negligence, you have two years from the date of their demise to file your lawsuit. Failing to file your suit on time could result in an inability to file it. With enough notice from you, we will not let your right to compensation expire.
Read About Our History of Outstanding Client Support
When previous clients talk about their experience with our law firm, they leave online reviews like the following:
- Trina Call: BERGER & GREEN LAW FIRM has gone above and beyond to get my fiancé the compensation he deserves…[they] stepped in and…have been diligent, professional, caring, and hard at work, not to mention VERY THOROUGH…Allow BERGER & GREEN to be a part of your healing journey.
- Mare Barr: I’ve never been in a situation before where I would consider hiring an attorney for an accident claim…Working with Bill and Caitlin made me feel so confident from the start that I had made the right decision…I would refer them in a heartbeat!
The at-fault party in your accident should bear the financial burden of your injuries and related expenses. We never stop fighting for or supporting injured clients.
How a Franklin Park Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
If you were injured in one of the accidents discussed above or another incident, it is important that you understand your legal rights and options.
A personal injury lawyer from Berger and Green can assist you with all aspects of your claim, including:
- Investigating your accident and determining its cause
- Identifying all liable parties
- Handling communications with the insurance company
- Gathering documentation to establish liability and your injuries
- Estimating the cost of your economic and non-economic damages
- Negotiating for a fair outcome on your behalf
- Bring your case to court, if necessary
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm to Discuss Your Case Today
Were you injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence? At Berger and Green, our personal injury lawyer serving Franklin Park, PA, will help you build a strong case for financial recovery. Find out how by contacting our law firm for a free case review today.