- Elements We Must Prove in a Slip and Fall Accident in Carnegie, PA
- What Is the Value of a Slip and Fall Case in Pennsylvania?
- Three Things to Do After Getting Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident
- How Long You Have to File a Carnegie Slip and Fall Injury Case
- Berger and Green Can Handle Your Carnegie, Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Case
A Carnegie slip and fall injury lawyer could help you pursue a case for damages from the negligent party who caused you to get hurt. If you suffered injuries on someone else’s property, you may be able to recover your medical expenses, lost wages, and compensation for pain and suffering.
Working with a lawyer on your injury case could be to your advantage. The property owner’s insurance company will have defense attorneys helping them as they try to limit or deny your compensation. As your legal representatives, we can help you fight back for the financial award you need to recover from your injuries.
Elements We Must Prove in a Slip and Fall Accident in Carnegie, PA
It is not wise to simply sue the landowner just because they own the property where you were hurt. The property owner must have been negligent in some way that led to your injury.
We must show all of these factors to hold the owner or manager of the premises liable for your injuries:
- The property owner has a duty to keep the premises safe. What duty they owe you varies based on the reason you are on the property.
- The landowner knew or should have known there was a hazardous condition, but failed to take appropriate action. The owner should, within a reasonable time, correct the defect, block off the area to prevent injuries, or post adequate warnings of the dangerous condition.
- You have injuries and other losses as a result of the accident.
When we prove these factors, we can proceed to demanding damages. We will use documentation of your financial, physical, and personal losses to determine the value of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Injury lawyer serving Carnegie, call 412-661-1400
What Is the Value of a Slip and Fall Case in Pennsylvania?
Every slip and fall accident is different because everyone’s injuries and losses are unique. Two people with an identical type of injury might heal quite differently. One person might suffer significant wage losses while another was able to continue working during their recovery.
The damages you could recover will depend on the circumstances of your case. Here are some of the common categories of compensation people pursue in a slip and fall injury claim:
- Medical expenses. Your recoverable medical bills could include the cost of an ambulance, emergency room, diagnostic tests, surgery, hospital treatment, doctor visits, prescription drugs, physical therapy, and other healthcare services related to your injuries.
- Lost wages. Often, people injured in a slip and fall accident need some time away from work to recuperate. If you did not get paid for the time you missed from the job, we can add your lost wages to your Carnegie slip and fall injury claim.
- Long-term care. After a devastating injury, some people have to move into a nursing home or another long-term care facility for daily assistance.
- Pain and suffering. This category of damages is for the physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress of the slip and fall accident and your injuries.
- Other personal damages. Fall injuries are one of the most common causes of loss of mobility, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). When a severe injury robs a person of the ability to walk without assistance from crutches, a walker, or a wheelchair, the injured person could experience a loss of enjoyment of life.
Your Berger and Green slip and fall injury lawyer can talk with you to explore all of your losses to assess what we can demand. We understand that money will not make things go back to the way they were before your injury, but it is only fair for you to be compensated for the way your injuries have impacted your life.
Carnegie Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Three Things to Do After Getting Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident
We assume that by the time you read this information, you have already received medical attention. If you have not, do so immediately to give yourself the greatest opportunity to heal.
Here are a few suggestions of other measures to protect your legal right to compensation:
- Document the scene of the slip and fall accident. Cell phone photographs can be high-quality and good enough to use in court. If you cannot take the pictures yourself, you might ask someone nearby to take photos of the scene and the hazard for you. Have an attending police officer or witness help you to gather witness contact information which may also serve as evidence.
- Notify the owner or manager of the property of the accident. For example, if you fell in a fast-food restaurant, you will want to let the manager know about the fall and your injuries. Make sure you keep a copy of any forms they require you to fill out.
- Talk to a personal injury attorney about your accident and injuries. The earlier you get us on board, the more time we have to make a strong case. As soon as you have a lawyer handling your injury claim, you can focus on recovering from your injuries. We take care of the case.
These are only a few suggestions of steps to take after a slip and fall. If you become a client of Berger and Green, we can tailor further recommendations to your situation.
How Long You Have to File a Carnegie Slip and Fall Injury Case
The Pennsylvania personal injury statute of limitations, Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, gives you only two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. Missing the filing deadline could cost you your entire case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Berger and Green Can Handle Your Carnegie, Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Case
You shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences of your injuries without compensation from the liable party. As your legal representatives, we will pursue what you deserve, negotiate on your behalf, and fight for a financial award that will improve your quality of life.
Berger and Green offers a free consultation with no obligation. You may reach out to us here to get started.