Truck Accident Types
Truck accident victims in Carnegie, Pennsylvania, have the right to fight for compensation. Via a settlement, jury verdict, or insurance claim, you could receive reimbursement for your losses.
At Berger and Green, we can connect you with a Carnegie Personal Injury Lawyer from our team. They can guide you on your next steps and stand up to the responsible party during a fight for fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving Carnegie, call 412-661-1400
Am I Eligible for Truck Accident Damages?
Your eligibility for damages rests primarily on whether your attorneys can prove fault. Truck accidents are part of a larger legal category known as personal injury law. This area of law hinges on proving that:
- The truck driver or his employer owed you a duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- You suffered injuries
- That breach of duty caused the accident and your injuries
Examples of Negligence in a Truck Accident
What’s considered negligent behavior depends on the accident in question. In a truck accident, negligent behavior could include:
- A driver or trucker speeding or otherwise disobeying roadway rules
- A truck manufacturer shipping faulty parts
- A trucking company failing to enforce safety regulations
- A trucking company failing to maintain the vehicle
- A government agency failing to maintain roadway safety
Keep in mind that negligent behavior on its own is not enough to build a case. You must show that this negligent behavior was the cause of your accident.
Carnegie Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
The Benefit of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer
At Berger and Green, we proudly provide legal support to truck accident victims in need. A Carnegie truck accident lawyer can support you in several ways, including:
- Investigating your case
- Determining who’s responsible for your injuries
- Pursuing fair compensation
- Dealing with insurance companies and other relevant parties
- Providing legal advice
We Want to Ease Your Stress Level, Not Add to it
Truck accidents can lead to serious injuries. Oftentimes, victims face long recovery times and considerable medical bills. Adding the specifics of a legal case to these challenges can be confusing and frustrating.
Our legal services, while focused on getting you compensation, are also designed to provide you with peace of mind. We’re here to handle every aspect of your case. You tell us what’s going on, and we’ll get to work – leaving you time to recover.
Contingency-Fee Payment Plan
Don’t let financial concerns prevent you from exercising your right to legal counsel. We work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that we won’t charge you anything upfront and won’t get paid until you win your case. We know you might be faced with considerable financial pressure, and we don’t want to worsen these concerns.
Damages in a Truck Accident Case
Damages refer to the losses you can receive compensation for. Every driver in Carnegie has the right to pursue economic damages, which cover:
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
However, economic damages don’t cover emotional losses, like a lowered quality of life or pain and suffering. This category of damages is called non-economic damages and accounts for the emotional fallout of your accident. To qualify for them, you must:
- Pass the “serious injury” threshold
- Carry full tort insurance
How Do I Know if I Qualify for Pain and Suffering Compensation?
At Berger and Green, we can review relevant documents to determine which damages you qualify for. This evidence may include the following:
- The details of your insurance coverage
- Your medical records
- Eyewitness statements
- Input from crash reconstruction specialists
- Evidence from the crash scene like images or videos
What if I Lost a Loved One?
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, we are so sorry to hear of your loss. We can’t imagine how difficult it is for you to be taking on the legal process while you mourn and adjust your life. Our team can take on these responsibilities for you, fighting for financial recovery on your behalf.
You may qualify for these wrongful death damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lowered household income
- Loss of companionship
In a wrongful death case, only specific parties are eligible for damages. Our team can discuss your eligibility and answer your questions during a case evaluation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who’s Responsible for My Truck Accident?
There are several possible liable parties in a truck accident, including:
- Another driver: Your accident may have been caused by an individual third-party driver, even if the accident involved a truck.
- A trucking company: If your accident was caused by a trucker, you may be able to hold their employer liable.
- A parts manufacturer: Your accident may have been caused by a vehicle malfunction. If your legal team can prove that negligence was involved in this malfunction, you could receive compensation from a parts manufacturer.
- A government agency: If your accident involved a state-owned truck or bus, you could pursue the relevant government agency for compensation.
A group not noted here may also have caused your accident. If you’re unsure about the responsible party in your accident, our team can discuss your concerns during a free initial case evaluation.
Data from the Journal of Safety Research categorizes truck accidents in the following ways:
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane drifting
Regardless of the type of truck accident you were involved in, our team can evaluate your case. We’re committed to helping our clients secure fair compensation.
Truck Accident Statute of Limitations
Per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, you have two years to file a truck accident lawsuit in Pennsylvania. This deadline applies to both standard personal injury cases and wrongful death cases. If you miss this legal deadline, you may forfeit your ability to file a lawsuit. Therefore, we advise you to get a head start on your case. You want every legal tool available to help your case, and time is a valuable tool to have.
Connect With a Member of Our Team to Secure Your Truck Accident Lawyer
Do you believe that another party caused your truck accident in Carnegie, Pennsylvania? You have the right to hire a lawyer and pursue justice. Our team can offer you a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Contact our offices to get started today.