Get Compensation With Munhall Personal Injury Attorneys
If you got hurt in Munhall, Pennsylvania, or the surrounding area because of someone else’s negligence, you might have a claim for compensation. Depending on your situation, your money damages claim could include things like:
- Your lost wages
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Other losses
Our clients know that they can focus on getting better because we are handling their legal issues. Stress can delay your recuperation. Having to deal with an insurance company’s claims adjuster could add anxiety to your life at a time when you should be able to focus on your wellbeing.
You will not have to pay upfront legal fees to get our help in a personal injury matter. If we take your case, we will represent you on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that our legal fees will come out of the settlement proceeds or award when we win your case. We do not get paid until then.
A Munhall personal injury lawyer at Berger and Green can help you hold the negligent party responsible for your losses. You can call us at (412) 661-1400. The initial consultation is free.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Munhall, call 412-661-1400
Munhall Personal Injury Cases We Handle
With our decades of experience, there are very few types of personal injury cases we have not already handled. We have already taken on the following types of personal injury claims:
- Carbon Monoxide
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
- Chemical fires
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability
- Malpractice, including Doctor, Hospital, Pharmacy, and Medical
- Defective or Dangerous Product
- Slip and Fall
- Skiing, Snowmobile, and Snowboarding Accidents
- Drug Lawsuits
These are but a few examples of the many types of personal injury claims we champion on behalf of our clients. When a person gets hurt because of the carelessness of someone else, we want to help.
A Munhall personal injury lawyer at Berger and Green can negotiate directly with the claims adjuster and file a lawsuit, if appropriate. You can call us today at (412) 661-1400 for a complimentary case evaluation.
Munhall Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
How Much Compensation You Can Get for Your Munhall Personal Injury Claim
The American Bar Association affirms that when you win a personal injury claim, you can be eligible for money damages. The amount and types of compensation you can collect will depend on the unique facts of your situation.
Here are some examples of the kinds of money damages we have won for our clients:
- Medical bills. Generally, you can go after the reasonable cost of the treatment you needed for your injuries. Any treatment you needed or doctor’s visit for accident-related expenses could be compensable.
- Lost wages. If your boss did not pay you because you missed work during your recuperation, we can include that loss in your injury claim.
- Long-term care. Some devastating injuries can leave a victim in need of ongoing daily assistance with medical treatments and personal care.
- Intangible losses. Some damages do not tend to show paper documentation that makes it easy to quantify them in terms of dollars. These things are valid losses that can qualify you to receive compensation. however. This category could include items like disfigurement or loss of enjoyment of life.
You might be eligible for additional types of money damages. When we investigate your claim, we will explore how your injuries have impacted your life.
Wrongful Death Claims in Munhall
If your close relative died because of a personal injury, you might have a wrongful death claim. If someone else’s negligence or intentional act cost your loved one’s life, additional compensation may be available.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Things to Do After a Personal Injury in Munhall
By the time you read this, you probably already got medical attention for your injuries. If not, you should do so at once. Your medical records will link your injuries to the accident and provide evidence of the extent and severity of the harm you suffered.
Also, you might have hidden injuries you have not yet noticed. Internal bleeding, neck injuries, and brain injury do not always manifest symptoms immediately. You might end up in a medical emergency before you know that you have one of these injuries.
Pennsylvania law does not force you to work with a lawyer on your personal injury claim, but a lawyer can help you in ways that you may not expect. An attorney can help you avoid pitfalls that could destroy your right to compensation. For example, Pennsylvania gives people very little time to file a lawsuit seeking compensation in personal injury cases. If you miss the deadline, you will not be able to pursue money damages.
What We Have to Prove to Win a Negligence Claim
Most personal injury cases are negligence-based. This means that we have to prove all four of these elements to hold the defendant responsible for your losses:
- Duty of care. The defendant must have owed you a duty of care. In a car accident case, for example, all drivers have an obligation to obey the rules of the road.
- Breach of duty. It is negligence if a party’s conduct does not meet a legal standard. A drunk driver is negligent because driving while impaired by alcohol violates traffic laws.
- Causation. The other party’s careless conduct must have caused your accident and injured you. In this scenario, if the intoxicated driver collided with another car because of his impaired state, his negligence caused the accident.
- Measurable losses. Most personal injury cases require quantifiable damages to qualify a person for compensation. Physical harm counts as a measurable loss.
When we can prove all four of these factors, we can pursue a claim for monetary damages.
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Munhall Personal Injury Claim
A Munhall personal injury lawyer at Berger and Green can help you hold the negligent party responsible for your losses. You did not ask to get hurt. The careless party should have to pay the financial cost of their actions, not you.
We work hard to get our clients every dollar of compensation they deserve, so they can rebuild their lives. You can call us today at (412) 661-1400 to get started with a free, initial consultation.