Being involved in a motorcycle accident can be terrifying for all parties involved. Although the shock of an accident is hard to get beyond, there are certain things you can do after an accident to help support a potential personal injury claim. If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim for injuries sustained or a product liability claim if there was a mechanical defect in your motorcycle to help compensate you for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.

Here are some things you can do if you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident.

  • Get the names and contact information of any one who witnessed the accident.
  • Try and take as many pictures of the site as possible from all angles.
  • Call the police so the accident can be officially recorded.
  • Insist that all drivers and witnesses stay until the police arrive.
  • If the crash occurred due to a defect in your motorcycle, do not have the bike repaired until you are able to contact an attorney.

It is understandable in some cases that you may sustain injuries too severe to take time to follow these recommendations. If this is the case, try to ask a witness or relative to help the best they can. Although following these procedures is not necessary in order to file a personal injury claim, they do help support it.

For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400

The most important thing for individuals who’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident to do is get well and seek the medical treatment they need. Contact the personal injury and products liability attorneys at Berger and Green to help take care of you case.

Contact Us

For more information about Berger and Green’s services, or to speak with a Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer regarding your case, please contact Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400

We offer free case evaluations and NO attorneys’ fees or costs unless we are able to recover a settlement, benefits or verdict in your case. Our attorneys can evaluate your case by phone or e-mail. Call (412) 661-1400 or contact us online today.

Call or text (412) 661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form