Steps to Take Following an Accident at Work

Steps to Take Following an Accident at Work.

Workers’ Compensation protects employees and employers in the event of a work-related accident. In the unfortunate event of an accident at work, it is important to know what steps you should take.

  • Seek medical treatment: Depending on the severity of your injury, seeking medical attention should be your first priority.
  • Report the accident: It is crucial to let your employer know that you were injured on the job. You must do this right away if you are physically able.
  • Inform healthcare providers: The first time you receive medical treatment for your work injury, tell providers the incident occurred while you were at work.
  • Keep notes: Keep a diary of all missed time from work, travel and out of pock expenses that have accrued due to your work injury.

Workers’ Compensation will allow you to receive medical treatment and compensation of any wage loss because of a work-related injury or disease.

Getting the compensation you deserve after a workplace injury should be as easy as notifying your employer, seeing an approved doctor and filing a claim.

However, things do not always go this smoothly. It is not uncommon for the insurance provider to deny your claim.

Workers’ compensation negotiation and litigation is often complex. If you have questions or concerns about your workplace injuries, contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney at Berger and Green.

Recovering compensation after an accident

For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400

If you were injured on the job or lost a loved one while they were on the job, contact the experienced attorneys at Berger and Green. We keep in mind your present and future needs. After an injury or a death, filing a claim will help you and your family during this difficult and unexpected time. Call Berger and Green at 412-661-1400 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Pittsburgh today.

Source: PA. GOV, “WC Act Landing Page.”

Call or text (412) 661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form