In any accident, in state or out, it is beneficial for you to follow these few steps. However, it is more important to follow these steps when involved in an out-of-state accident because you may not be able to return to the accident scene.
· Call the police to file a police report. This will be beneficial if you do need to file a personal injury claim.
· Seek medical attention. Document which facility you went to and what doctors you saw there.
· If possible, you or someone you are with, should take pictures of the accident scene, the surrounding area and the vehicles involved.
· Get names and contact information of any witnesses of the accident.
· Contact a personal injury attorney in your state to discuss what your options are.
Keep in mind that different states can enforce different laws. Typically, your auto insurance will follow you from state to state and determine what your rights are.
For a free legal consultation, call 412-661-1400
If you have been injured in an accident while traveling on vacation, contact the personal injury lawyers at Berger and Green for a free no obligation consultation. Do not let an accident ruin your vacation. Contact Berger and Green today.