Black Friday 2019.
Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season. Known as the busiest shopping day of the year, it can quickly become the most dangerous. This busy day can present many dangers for shoppers.
If you plan on heading out this weekend, follow these safety tips to protect yourself and your purchases.
Protecting Yourself at Stores:
- Dress for the weather and comfortably. You may have to wait outside in long lines.
- Shop during the day. If shopping at night, never go alone.
- Keep children at home. Having children walk through large crowds puts them at risk.
- Try and pay for your purchases with cards rather than cash. If traveling with cash, keep it in your front pocket.
- When using an ATM, be on high alert and never throw your receipt into the trash.
Protecting Yourself While Driving:
- Take your time while driving and be patient.
- Avoid all distractions.
- Never leave purses or packages visible in your vehicle.
- Park in a well-lit area and always keep doors locked.
- Look around and under your vehicle before getting into it.
- Back slowly out of parking spots.
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, contact the law firm of Berger and Green to review your rights. You may be entitled to compensation. Pursuing a claim after an accident can help pay for unexpected costs such as wage loss, medical bills and pain and suffering. Call 412-661-1400 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Pittsburgh at Berger and Green today.
Consumersafety.org, “Black Friday: Safe Shopping Tips”