Did someone else’s negligence cause your neck and back injury in Erie, Pennsylvania? If so, the responsible party may owe you compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
A personal injury lawyer from Berger and Green can help you fight for compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit. Our firm has over 40 years of experience defending the rights of accident victims.
You Can Pursue Compensation for Accidents Caused By Negligence
There are many different types of accidents that can result in a personal injury case. Berger and Green can help you with back and neck injuries resulting from:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian and accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and falls
- Other types of premises liability accidents (e.g., negligent security or swimming pool accidents)
- Medical malpractice
- Sexual abuse
- Injuries that occur at work
Even if your accident type doesn’t appear on this list, we may be able to help. Our firm can listen to your story and explain your legal options during your free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a back and neck injury lawyer serving Erie, call 412-661-1400
How Berger and Green Can Help You
If you need an Erie lawyer, Berger and Green is here to prosecute your back and neck injury case. We will get started immediately. We will:
- Communicate with the other parties on your behalf as your personal representative
- Determine what party caused your accident and who may be liable for your damages
- Begin collecting evidence and building your case
- Submit your insurance claim and/or lawsuit
- Manage settlement negotiations with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Bring your case to trial, if necessary
You are in Charge of Your Case
We will fight for compensation on your behalf, while you remain in control of your case. You will make important decisions with the support of your lawyer. If we receive a settlement offer during negotiations, you decide whether to accept or reject it.
Throughout your case, you can expect our team to:
- Be available to answer your questions
- Explain your legal options and any applicable laws
- Update you immediately regarding any important changes or developments in your case
Erie Back and Neck Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Case
If we can prove that another party’s negligence caused your back or neck injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for your:
All current and future costs of your accident-related medical care may be covered. This may include:
- Emergency medical treatment and ambulance transportation
- Hospital stays
- Follow-up care and treatment
- Physical therapy
Work- and Income-Related Losses
Your back or neck injury may impact your ability to work temporarily or permanently. You may be able to recover compensation for:
- Lost wages, salary, or benefits
- Reduced earning capability
If any of your property was damaged in the accident, such as your car or cell phone, you might be able to recover the repair or replacement costs.
Non-economic damages compensate accident victims for the physical and emotional impact of their injuries. Depending on your injuries and how they affect your life, you may be able to recover compensation for non-economic damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
There could be other types of damages available to you than those listed here. Our firm will closely examine your damages and their value when building your case.
Evidence That We May Use in Your Case
Depending on what kind of accident caused your injuries, we may be able to use the following types of evidence to prove liability in your case:
- Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Video or surveillance footage of the accident
- The police or accident report
- Statements from witnesses
- Statements from accident reconstruction experts
Evidence of Your Damages
In addition to proving how another party caused your accident, we will need to prove your damages and their value. The evidence we use to do this may include:
- Your medical records
- Your medical bills
- Receipts and invoices for any property damage or out-of-pocket expenses
- Expert testimony
It is a good idea to keep any evidence or documentation you have regarding your accident and your injuries and share it with your lawyer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Back and Neck Injuries May Require Substantial Treatment
The persistent or chronic nature of certain back and neck injuries means that your costs of treatment might extend well into the future. Depending on your specific injury and its severity, you may experience:
- Chronic neck pain for injuries such as whiplash
- Chronic back pain for injuries such as a herniated disc
- Permanent loss of sensation and muscle function for certain spinal cord injuries
Our team can consult with your doctors and other medical experts to determine your prognosis for recovery and how much compensation you should request for your estimated future costs of medical treatment.
There is a Deadline to Sue in Pennsylvania
Per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, there is a general two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Pennsylvania. If you do not file your lawsuit by this deadline, you may lose your right to sue.
Some circumstances could change the deadlines in your case and require you to act sooner. For example, if your lawsuit is against a government agency, Pa. C.S.A. § 5522 requires you to take legal action within six months of your injury.
Our firm can help you figure out what deadlines apply to your case and file your lawsuit on time.
Call Berger and Green Today for a Free Case Review
An Erie lawyer from Berger and Green can fight hard for compensation in your back and neck injury case.
Berger and Green works on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients do not pay us anything in advance. We only collect attorney’s fees if our clients win their case and recover a court award or settlement.
For a free consultation on your case with a representative of our firm, call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400.