Person using calculator at desk.

Who Pays for My Loss of Income After an Accident?

If you were seriously injured in an accident, you may miss time from work. Many people worry whether they will be able to get compensated for their lost wages. The answer is yes.

When you file a claim against the person responsible for the accident and injuries you sustained, you can claim damages both economic and non-economic. Non-economic damages include pain and suffering, and economic damages include out-of-pocket medical expenses, medical liens, and wage loss.

Your wage loss damages are recoverable against the at-fault party.  If you were injured in a Pennsylvania auto accident, and you received income loss benefits under your own policy, the amount you claim against the at-fault driver would be reduced by the amount of benefits you received under your income loss benefits.

The amount of wage loss will be calculated by your rate of pay, and time missed from work. Sometimes, an individual may sustain a life-changing injury that can alter their working career completely. If someone suffers from a disabling injury that keeps them from returning to the work they once did, they would be entitled to recover both past and future income loss.

All these factors make it very important to have a personal injury attorney working on your case.  Insurance companies are quick to try and settle for the least amount of money possible. At Berger and Green, we take into account how your life has been affected by this accident and work hard to make a recovery on your behalf.

For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400

Recovering compensation after an accident.

If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, contact the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green.  Our attorneys will provide you with a free no-obligation consultation to evaluate your case. Call 412-661-1400 to speak with an attorney today.

It is important to recover damages for wage loss, medical bills, and pain and suffering. At Berger and Green, we consider your present and future medical needs.  We understand the impact a car accident takes on your life.

Call or text (412) 661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form