- Pennsylvania Truck Company Error Lawyers
- Are Trucking Companies Liable for Truck Accidents?
- How do You Prove Liability in a Trucking Company Case?
- What Damages Can I Claim in a Trucking Company Liability Case?
- What Is the Deadline for Pittsburgh Trucking Company Liability Lawsuits?
- About Our Pittsburgh Trucking Company Liability Attorneys
Pennsylvania Truck Company Error Lawyers
One significant issue that often arises in truck accident claims is trucking company negligence. While truck driver errors often contribute significantly to the cause of accidents, trucking company errors may also play an important role in such accidents.
At our Pittsburgh personal injury law firm, we work hard to identify and pursue all available means of recovery for our clients. Our Pittsburgh trucking company liability lawyers have represented many clients in trucking accident cases and understand how both truckers and trucking companies may have contributed to the cause of accidents.
For a free legal consultation with a Trucking Company Liability lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 412-661-1400
Are Trucking Companies Liable for Truck Accidents?
The trucker could be liable for your accident, but the trucker’s employer is likely liable. Generally, employers are responsible for the actions of their employees, so the employers are held liable when their employees cause an accident. However, in some cases, truckers can be held liable or share liability.
The trucker in your case may not have caused the accident at all. Instead, the trucking company may have caused it through their negligence.
Examples of truck company errors include:
- The negligent hiring of truckers: Trucking companies may hire truckers without verifying that they have a good driving record. In some cases, trucking companies hire or continue to use the services of truckers who have a suspended commercial driver’s license. Trucking companies should also ensure that their truckers have adequate training.
- Negligent maintenance: Tires, lights, brakes, and trucking safety devices should be properly monitored and maintained.
- Failing to prevent driver fatigue: Trucking companies have dispatchers who should recognize and properly respond to warning signs of truck driver fatigue.
- Negligent loading: Truck loads should be properly secured and not exceed weight limits. Improper loading may lead to loose and falling objects. Overloaded trucks are more difficult to stop and are also more likely to cause a rollover accident.
Pittsburgh Trucking Company Liability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
How do You Prove Liability in a Trucking Company Case?
Proving liability in any case is complicated, but it’s even more complicated in a trucking company case. You or an attorney from our firm will have to take on the company’s insurer and opposing attorneys and prove the company was negligent. If you hire one of our Pittsburgh truck accident attorneys, your attorney would:
- Collect evidence of negligence, such as the police report and the truck’s dash camera footage
- Collect corroborating evidence for your case, such as witness statements and accident reconstructionist testimony
- Establish that the trucking company owed you a duty of care, or a responsibility to act in a way that would keep you from harm
- Establish that the company breached its duty, such as by overloading the truck
- Show how the breach of duty led to the incident and your injuries
- Show how your injuries led to compensable damages
What Damages Can I Claim in a Trucking Company Liability Case?
Since your accident, you may be suffering significant pain, and your family may be struggling financially. You and your family may have many damages, but you can claim them via a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Your Pittsburgh truck company liability lawyer can help you with your legal action, such as by helping you list all of your damages. In your list, there may be:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Bills for physical therapy and other rehabilitation
- Family income you’re unable to bring in
- Property damage
- Decreased earning potential
- Wrongful death damages, such as mental anguish and loss of parental support, if a loved one lost their life in the truck accident
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Is the Deadline for Pittsburgh Trucking Company Liability Lawsuits?
A lawsuit may be best for your case or become your best option at a point in your case. Acting quickly will help you preserve the option of filing a lawsuit at a point. This is because there is a deadline for filing lawsuits in Pennsylvania.
The deadline for a personal injury lawsuit is 2 years from the date of an incident, according to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. Your lawyer can help you meet this deadline or the deadline for a wrongful death lawsuit.
About Our Pittsburgh Trucking Company Liability Attorneys
If you or a family member has been injured in a truck accident, our Pittsburgh personal injury attorneys can help. Our firm has been advocating passionately on behalf of accident victims for more than 40 years. We have experience in cases involving serious and fatal injuries. We fight for each of our valued clients and vigorously pursue the full compensation they are entitled to.
You can be sure your attorney will give you the attention you deserve and help you recover the compensation you need. If recovering your compensation means suing the trucking company and taking them to court, your Pittsburgh truck accident attorney will do so.
Contact Us for a Trucking Company Liability Lawyer in Pennsylvania
To schedule a free consultation and learn more about our Pittsburgh trucking company liability lawyers, contact us today. We serve our clients on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t pay attorneys’ fees or other costs unless we’re able to recover compensation. Berger and Green also offers free home and hospital visits. Let us help you and your family now.