Have you been injured by a prescribed medication? Has a loved one suffered brain damage or died as a result of a medication error? If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of a prescription mistake, you may have a claim for compensation. Our pharmacy error attorneys at Berger and Green pursue doctors, hospitals, nurses, pharmacies and other health care providers for medical malpractice, including pharmaceutical malpractice.
We advocate for prescription malpractice victims and their families. We use our experience and the law to hold responsible medical professionals accountable for the harm caused to patients. Contact Berger and Green to understand your rights to compensation.
Physicians, pharmacists, and other health care providers must abide by a standard of care (they must provide careful, informed, decisive care and must warn patients of known risks). Therefore, when a doctor or medical provider negligently prescribes the wrong medication, fails to warn the patient of known risks or makes other errors in judgment regarding a medication, the medical professional may be held accountable.
Most common types of prescription malpractice
- Pharmacy liability: filling the wrong medication, filling the improper dosage, failing to confirm negative reactions with other medications, failing to warn of the side effects of a drug
- Dosage error: prescribing the wrong dose, mathematical errors resulting in dosage errors, administering too much or too little medication
- Dangerous drugs: prescribing dangerous or defective drugs without warning of the potential hazardous side effects, failing to ensure that prescribed medications do not pose threats of allergic reaction
- Anesthesia errors: administering too much anesthesia resulting in overdose (causing brain damage or wrongful death), administering insufficient anesthesia
- Other prescription malpractice: abusing chemical restraints at a nursing home or assisted living facility, failing to review a patient’s chart for allergies, ensuring a medication does not pose risk of negative interaction with other prescribed medications, other prescription mistakes
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (412) 424-6079
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call (412) 424-6079
Our lawyers work with medical experts and other professionals to determine if the care provided was substandard and thus malpractice. In addition, when injuries or fatalities result from doctor negligence, we pursue full compensation for our client’s medical expenses and other damages which resulted from the prescription mistake.
Free case evaluations • NO attorneys’ fees or costs unless we recover a settlement, benefits, or verdict in your case • Our Pittsburgh lawyers can initiate your case by phone or e-mail – CALL today (412) 661-1400 or Contact us online