- Obtaining Social Security Disability Benefits Is Difficult — See How Berger and Green Can Help
- What’s the Difference Between the Two Social Security Disability Benefits Programs?
- Proving Your Eligibility for SSD’s Medical and Financial Benefits
- Reviews From Our Satisfied Social Security Disability Clients
- Contact Our SSD Team for a Free Consultation
Are you overwhelmed by the daunting process of applying for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits? You are not alone. Many disabled people struggle to navigate the application process effectively and may not know what to do if the Social Security Administration (SSA) denies their application. A Coraopolis Social Security Disability lawyer at Berger and Green can take the mystery out of the SSD system.
When we handle your case, we’ll explain the step-by-step process, ensure your application is complete and meets all required parameters, and file an appeal on your behalf if necessary. If you are disabled and believe you are entitled to disability benefits, our personal injury law firm offers a consultation at no cost or obligation. We will help you fight for the benefits you deserve.
Obtaining Social Security Disability Benefits Is Difficult — See How Berger and Green Can Help
Before you begin your SSD application, you need to know the basic qualifications. In general, you must have a diagnosed disability that:
- Is severe enough to prevent you from working
- Is expected to last at least a year or result in your death
If your disability fits these parameters, a Coraopolis SSD lawyer from our team can help you pursue disability benefits by:
- Reviewing your eligibility for benefits
- Filing your application for benefits
- Appealing any denial you may have received
We are always on your side and will ensure you understand your rights and SSA’s requirements.
Find Out If You Qualify For Social Security Disability Benefits
Before you apply for SSD benefits, you need to know how the SSA determines whether someone is disabled. The SSA’s listing of impairments includes a variety of conditions that fit the following general conditions and diseases:
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Special senses and speech disorders
- Respiratory disorders
- Cardiovascular system disorders
- Digestive system disorders
- Genitourinary disorders
- Hematological disorders
- Skin disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Congenital disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Mental disorders
- Various cancers
- Immune system disorders
Identifying your disability on this list does not guarantee you will receive disability benefits. You must still prove your condition and its effect on your health and ability to work.
Documenting Your Current Medical Condition
To qualify for benefits, not only must you have a disability, but it must also meet certain severity criteria. The SSA will measure your residual functional capacity (RFC) to determine what work, if any, you could perform successfully. The SSA may measure your RFC using:
- Medical evidence
- Physician evaluations
- A consultative exam
Your Social Security Disability lawyer serving Coraopolis, PA will explain how the SSA determines your RFC and the documents you must submit to support your medical diagnosis.
At Berger and Green, we will review and evaluate your medical evidence and submit all necessary documentation on time. Our goal is to put your best interests and needs first and fight for the best possible outcome for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Social Security Disability lawyer serving Coraopolis, call 412-661-1400
What’s the Difference Between the Two Social Security Disability Benefits Programs?
Part of seeking disability benefits is submitting the right application for the right program in the first place. A Social Security Disability attorney serving Coraopolis, PA will help you choose the right SSD program.
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
If you are a disabled individual who worked and paid Social Security taxes, you could qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. You must have worked long enough and recently enough to earn the required number of work credits.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
If you have a financial need for benefits and have little or no resources or assets at your disposal, you could qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
Some applicants will qualify for both programs simultaneously, called concurrent benefits. Your Coraopolis SSD attorney will let you know if you fit into this category.
Coraopolis Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Proving Your Eligibility for SSD’s Medical and Financial Benefits
When SSA officials consider your application for benefits, they will evaluate a wide range of information. For you to prove your eligibility, your application should include:
- Information about you, including your birth certificate, marital status, and bank account information
- Information about your disability, including your medical records, contact information for all healthcare providers and facilities, medical and lab test results, and lists of required medications
- Information about your employment, including income statements, recent employment history, and military service history
At Berger and Green, we can help you organize your evidence and documents and file the application for benefits.
Your Social Security Disability Request Can Go Through Several Phases
The stages of your disability claim can include application, rejection, and appeal. The appeals process can involve:
- An ALJ hearing
- An Appeals Council review
- A federal court case
Your Coraopolis SSD attorney is by your side at your hearing before an Administrative Law Judge.
Reviews From Our Satisfied Social Security Disability Clients
When our previous clients share online reviews about the legal service and support they received from our law firm, they say things like the following:
- Tracy: “I am so thankful to Berger and Green and the entire team that helped with my disability case. It was a long hard road but, if not for them I don’t know what I would do… I would recommend them to anyone needing legal help.”
- Leah Blanton: “Berger and Green are very professional and caring. They helped win my case for disability after I was denied. I wish I had their representation from the beginning; I recommend anyone in need of legal representation to give them a call for consultation.”
Our reviews page contains additional reviews like these and video testimonials from satisfied SSD clients.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our SSD Team for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love is applying for SSD benefits, a Coraopolis Social Security Disability lawyer can help. We will explain the process in detail, ensure your application is complete, and help you navigate the appeals process if necessary.
Contact one of our Berger and Green team members today.