If you or someone you love suffered injuries while riding a bicycle in Baldwin, Pennsylvania, you may be eligible to receive compensation from the at-fault party or their insurance company.
A lawyer from Berger and Green who handles bicycle accident cases in Baldwin can assist you in building a strong case to help you recover your damages.
What a Lawyer From Our Team Can Do for You
When you hire a lawyer from our personal injury team to represent you, we will handle every aspect of your case from start to finish, including:
Our team will collect all evidence and review it to build a strong case on your behalf. This task includes gathering the police report, your medical records, eyewitness statements, pictures of your bicycle and the vehicle that hit you, and any surveillance video of the accident scene that might exist.
Handle All Communications
Our team will speak with law enforcement, medical experts, and the at-fault driver’s insurance company so you can focus on getting better.
Negotiate with the Insurance Company
When you speak with the insurance company’s representative, they can use what you say against you. It is in your best interest to let our team handle all negotiations with the insurance company so we may reach the best possible outcome for you.
Accepting their first offer may mean accepting a settlement that is far below what you will need to move forward. We can help ensure this does not happen in your case.
File Your Lawsuit on Time
If you decide to file a lawsuit, we can help you meet the state deadline. Whether you are filing for personal injury or wrongful death, Pa. C.S.A. § 5524 sets the statute of limitations at two years after the day of the accident or the day of death.
Update You on the Progress of Your Case
You will never be left in the dark when it comes to your case. Our team will keep you up to date on any developments that arise.
Take Your Case to Trial
If the insurance company refuses to settle, we are prepared to try your case in front of a judge and/or jury until a verdict is reached.
An attorney from our firm who is familiar with bicycle accident cases in Baldwin, PA, or the surrounding area can review the facts of your case and determine liability on your behalf.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving Baldwin, call 412-661-1400
Proving Liability in a Bicycle Accident Case in Baldwin, PA
Your lawyer will need to prove four elements of negligence in order to win your case. Those four elements are the following:
- Duty of care: The responsible party had a duty of care to operate safely on the road to keep you and others from harm.
- Breach: The responsible party breached that duty of care by acting in a negligent or reckless manner, and that led to you being harmed.
- Causation: That breach caused your injuries and other losses.
- Damages: You suffered injuries and other losses related to the crash that need to be compensated.
An attorney from Berger and Green will work hard to prove liability in your bicycle accident case in Baldwin, PA. We handle all of the legal hurdles in your case so you can focus on healing and taking care of your family.
Baldwin Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Compensable Damages in a Bicycle Accident Case
Once a lawyer from our firm proves negligence, we will seek compensation based on two types of damages: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are easier to calculate based on the financial toll the accident has taken on you, including:
- Current and future medical expenses: Compensation for this damage might cover ambulance transport, hospital stays, surgeries, medical assistive devices, prescription medications. Future medical costs could include long-term rehabilitation and physical therapy.
- Lost income: You might miss work due to your crash-related injuries.
- Lost earning capacity: You could miss out on promotions or bonuses you would have received if not for the accident. If your injuries prevent you from performing your current job duties, you may need to take another job that pays less).
- Property damage: This damage might include the cost of repairing or replacing your bicycle and other property damaged or destroyed in the accident.
Non-economic damages are less tangible and meant to provide financial recovery for the emotional toll the accident has had on you. They may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
If you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, you might be able to recover funeral and burial costs, their medical bills, and your loss of consortium. A lawyer from our firm who handles these types of cases will be able to review your case and determine if it is applicable.
Injuries You May Sustain in a Bicycle Accident
According to the journal, American Family Physician, bicycle-related injuries are responsible for more than 580,000 trips to emergency rooms in the United States each year. Common types of injuries seen in bicycle accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Head injuries (e.g., skull fractures, intracranial hemorrhages, concussion)
- Bone breaks and fractures
- Spinal injuries (e.g., paralysis)
- Facial injuries (e.g., dental fractures, contusions, corneal damage)
- Soft tissue injuries (e.g., road rash, cuts, bruises)
These injuries are generally caused by a trauma such as getting struck by a vehicle while bike riding. They can require months or even years of rehabilitation to get back to any normalcy. In addition, you may miss time from work or have to stop working if you can no longer perform your job duties due to your crash-related injuries.
It is unfair for you to bear the financial burden of an accident that was not your fault. Allow our team to start working on your case today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call a Berger and Green Team Member Today
Our experienced injury lawyers can begin working on your case immediately. Call (412) 661-1400 to discuss your case with a team member today. The call is free, so there is no risk and no obligation.