Attorney Michael W. Zimecki was born in Detroit, Michigan in 1950. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 1972 with his bachelor’s degree in English and writing and then obtained his master’s degree in English from Carnegie Mellon University in 1973. After continuing with his post-graduate work, he went on to earn his Juris Doctor in 1994 from Duquesne University School of Law. Before beginning his legal career, Mr. Zimecki taught English at the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, and the University of Alabama.
Mr. Zimecki began his legal career as a law clerk for the President Judge in the Court of Common Pleas of Lawrence County. Thereafter he joined law firms where he concentrated in personal Injury cases, civil litigation, and worker’s compensation. Attorney Zimecki joined Berger and Green, P.C. in 2003 to continue his career of representing injured accident victims in personal injury claims such as car accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, burn incidents, and product liability cases.
Attorney Zimecki believes it is important for people who have been injured due to other’s negligence to have someone advocating for them. Mr. Zimecki knows that after an accident, timing is crucial. Attorneys must work quickly and diligently to make sure evidence is not lost. He believes no matter how big or small the case is, all should be treated as equal and significant. He hopes that once this process has come to a close, his clients are able to restore their health and the life they had before the injuries they endured.
Mr. Zimecki is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania State Courts and in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. He is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ), the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (WPTLA), the Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA), and the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates, Inc. (NOVA). Attorney Zimecki is also an Allegheny County Bar Foundation Fellow and a Martindale-Hubbell AV rated attorney. This rating is the highest level of professional an attorney may be ranked by their peers.
Mr. Zimecki is knowledgeable and compassionate about advocating for the rights of injured accident victims. He has written about law and medicine for Harper’s Magazine, the National Law Journal, and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Many of his articles have been reprinted in anthologies. Attorney Zimecki has also written plays which have been produced by the Pittsburgh New Works Festival.
Attorney Zimecki is a clear, concise, and driven attorney. Clients appreciate his ability to communicate thoroughly with them and his commitment to their best interests.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury Law
- Civil Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctorate – 1994
- University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. – 1972
- Carnegie Mellon University – 1973
- Law and Medicine, Harper’s Magazine
- Law and Medicine, National Law Journal
- Law and Medicine, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- English, University of Pittsburgh
- English, Carnegie Mellon University
- English, University of Alabama
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member, Civil Human Rights Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, Health Law Committee
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PaAJ), Member
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (WPTLA), Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA), Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates, Inc. (NOVA), Member
Past Employment Positions
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Public Relations
- Court of Common Pleas of Lawrence County, Law Clerk