No matter the cause of your accident, collisions have long-term effects on your life. However, when someone else is responsible for your accident, you shouldn’t have to suffer these effects or bear the financial burden on your own. Our personal injury attorney can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
The legal process can be intimidating, but when you have our Union City car accident working for you, you can leave your case in our hands. We will handle everything so you can focus on your recovery. From filing your case to negotiating for your compensation, we will take on the at-fault parties and insurance adjusters, navigating every legal hurdle that comes our way.
Why Go With Berger and Green?
With thousands of firms representing car accident victims all claiming to be the best, why should you choose Berger and Green?
- Our firm values upfront and open communication with our clients. When you meet with us during your free consultation, we will give you an honest assessment of your case. If we believe we could prove liability and negligence in your case, we will discuss your options further.
- We will pursue the best option for you. If we believe settling with the insurance company is more likely to produce a favorable outcome in your case, we will recommend that as well. However, our team is not afraid to bring your case to court if it becomes necessary. While you are healing, we will guide you every step of the way.
- We have a history of success. Because of our ability to get substantial rewards for previous clients, we have received certification with the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Along with our other distinctions, this certification is evidence of our passion to fight for injured people in Pennsylvania.
During this time, you can rely on our firm to fight for appropriate restitution in your case. While we fight for life-improving compensation on your behalf, we will also fight to restore and provide peace of mind during the legal process.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Union City, call 412-661-1400
Compensation for Union City Car Accident Victims
After being involved in a car accident, you may be anxious to find out the value of your case. Since there are so many different types of damages, your car accident lawyer will categorize your losses as either economic or non-economic damages.
Economic damages include all of your out-of-pocket or financial losses. Examples of economic damages that could be recovered after a car accident in Union City include:
- Loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of benefits, such as health insurance and retirement contributions
- Loss of employee bonuses and salary increases
- Costs of vehicle replacement or repairs
- Diminished value of the vehicle
- Costs of home accommodations for medical reasons
- Costs of medical equipment, including prosthetic limbs or wheelchairs
- Other healthcare expenses and future medical care
- Loss of household services, including unexpected childcare fees and the costs of hiring individuals to maintain your home
Non-economic damages do not have a direct financial value. Since non-economic damages are subjective, their value is estimated on a case-by-case basis. Examples of non-economic damages recovered in car accident claims include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Dismemberment, disfigurement, or skin scarring
- Personal or professional reputational damage
- Emotional distress or mental anguish
- Physical pain and suffering
These are only a few of the different types of economic damages and non-economic damages that could be recovered as part of your Union City car accident claim. After going over your damages in detail, you will have a better understanding of how much your claim is worth.
Union City Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Grounds for a Car Accident Lawsuit in Union City
To move forward with a car accident insurance claim or civil lawsuit, your car accident lawyer will need to prove two things:
- You suffered significant injuries or damages as a result of your car accident.
- Someone else is responsible for causing your car accident or resulting injuries.
The type of injury does not necessarily matter. People suffering whiplash and broken bones have the same right to compensation as someone suffering third-degree burns, paralysis, loss of limbs, or traumatic brain injuries. This is because the type of injury you are diagnosed with does not determine whether you have grounds for a claim. The impact your injuries or the accident had on your life is what matters most.
Pennsylvania’s No-Fault Insurance Laws May Play a Part in Your Case
Pennsylvania is a no-fault state. Typically, this means car accident victims would go through their own insurance to receive compensation after a collision, regardless of whether they were at fault.
However, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party if your insurance is insufficient to cover your expenses, or if you suffered serious injuries. Your attorney can help you understand your options and assess your eligibility for a lawsuit.
We Will Conduct an Investigation
Your car accident lawyer may need to conduct an in-depth investigation into the car accident if we hope to identify all liable parties. We will need to show that the defendant’s negligent actions directly contributed to the car accident or the injuries you sustained.
Click to contact our Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyers today
Secure Our Union City Car Accident Lawyer Today
Although pursuing your car accident claim can be overwhelming, taking steps to hold the liable party accountable may be your best opportunity to recover compensation. Our attorneys have the resources and expertise to handle the unique aspects of your case. We will fight for your future financial stability and your right to recover what you’ve lost.
Learn more about how the process works and the amount of compensation you could be awarded for your damages when you contact Berger and Green for a no-cost, risk-free consultation. Fill out our convenient contact form or call us to start working on your case as soon as today.
Call or text 412-661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form