Train & Car Crash Lawyers in Pennsylvania
Thousands of trains travel millions of miles every day, carrying passengers, animals, and freight everywhere in the United States. Many people are injured every year in accidents involving trains and these types of accidents can affect almost anyone. Motorists and pedestrians can be injured or killed where there is an unguarded railroad crossing. Passengers can be hurt or fatally injured in train derailments. Railroad industry workers are also at risk.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury or death related to a train accident, you are probably being forced to confront many difficult and sudden questions:
What if I miss work while I’m recovering or caring for an injured family member?
How are we going to afford all of these hospital bills?
What if I’ve now become permanently disabled?
What should I do if I think that the train accident was someone else’s fault?
If you have suffered from a serious injury or lost a loved one as a result of a Pittsburgh train accident, it’s important to know that you are not alone. There is help available and you do not have to suffer and struggle on your own any longer.
We are here to help.
If you have suffered a serious injury resulting from a train accident, there are important steps that you should take to ensure that you get the care and the compensation that you need.
· Take Care of Yourself: This should be your top priority. Get good medical help for your injuries. Make sure that you attend all of your doctor visits and follow their recommendations as well. If they write you a prescription, fill it. If they order tests, have them done. If they refer you to a specialist, keep the appointment. If they recommend treatment options, be sure to follow through.
· Keep Good Records: Keep a notebook and write down a record of everything related to your accident. Record everything you remember from the day itself. If there is a police report or eyewitness accounts, try to get copies of them. Make note of doctor’s appointments and hospital visits on a calendar. Keep a journal of your symptoms, mood, lifestyle changes, etc.
· Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer: If you are facing huge medical bills, lost wages, or permanent disability, it’s equally important that you take care of yourself financially as well. Unfortunately, this is rarely an easy process. Dealing with insurance companies and medical bills can be daunting and overwhelming. That’s why it’s so important to find a personal injury lawyer who: 1) has extensive experience with train accident cases and 2) that you trust.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call (412) 661-1400
Types of Train Accident Cases Our Train Accident Lawyers in Pittsburgh Handle:
· Light Rail Accidents
· Train Crash Injuries
· Unguarded Crossings
· Train and Automobile Collisions
· FELA Claims (for Railroad Workers)
To schedule a free consultation with one of our train accident attorneys, call (412) 661-1400 or contact us by e-mail. We handle all personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no attorneys’ fees or costs to us unless we recover compensation for you. Berger and Green offers free home and hospital visits.