Eighteen-wheelers and other large vehicles traveling on Interstates 76 and 79 throughout Cranberry Township, PA, carry goods to and from their destinations. While many truckers operate their big rigs with care while passing through, the possibility of an accident is ever-present, as it is with any other road vehicle. When a collision with a large truck happens, the results are devastating. People can suffer severe, life-threatening injuries and face staggering medical expenses and immense pain and suffering that can affect them for the rest of their lives.
If you or a loved one is recovering from a semi-truck crash, a Cranberry Township truck accident lawyer from Berger and Green can seek financial recovery for you that can help you pay your bills, replace lost income, and compensate you for other accident-related losses. Our personal injury lawyer understands the challenges ahead and can help you navigate them while you recover from the accident. You can reach out to us today for a free consultation.
What Our Cranberry Township Truck Accident Lawyer Can Do for Your Case
Berger and Green has been helping Pennsylvania’s injured for more than 40 years. We can evaluate the accident and advise you throughout the insurance claims or legal process, depending on which route we go to recover your losses. Many truck collision victims soon realize that truck accident cases are different from those involving passenger vehicles in that the issues are more complex and challenging to sort out. As you heal from your injuries, we can handle your entire case and manage communications with all involved parties, including the insurance company of the party or parties that caused the crash.
When you work with our Cranberry Township truck accident attorney, we will:
- Talk with you about the accident to get the details and understand what happened during a free consultation
- Investigate the collision to determine its cause and collect evidence that supports your case (e.g., your medical records, witness testimony, the police report, photos or video footage of the accident or accident scene)
- Take action to preserve important evidence that could help your case (e.g., the truck’s dashcam footage, black box, the truck driver’s logbooks)
- Identify all potentially liable parties who may owe you compensation
- Establishing how the liable parties’ negligence caused the accident
- Talk with witnesses and expert witnesses who can offer insight into what happened
- Negotiate with insurance companies for an appropriate settlement
- Prepare and file a lawsuit if we cannot settle your case
- Represent you at trial and seek recovery in court
- Update you on your case regularly, answer all your questions, and explain laws that affect your case
We will consider all the facts, details, and circumstances in your case and develop a case that supports your demand for damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving Cranberry Township, call 412-661-1400
We Can Work on Your Truck Accident Case Without Upfront Fees or Costs
The idea of paying legal fees deters many people from seeking the legal representation they deserve. But we believe everyone who wants legal counsel should receive it. At Berger and Green, clients do not pay any fees unless and until we recover compensation for them. We work on contingency, so we do not get paid unless you win your case. You can call us today to get started.
Cranberry Township Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Recoverable Damages in a Cranberry Township Truck Accident
Cranberry Township, PA, truck accident victims often suffer severe, debilitating injuries and other hardships that could affect them for a lifetime. They typically have economic (financial) and non-economic (non-financial) damages they request from the liable party, including:
- Medical treatment expenses (including emergency care, hospital visits, long-term rehabilitation services, and medications)
- Lost income (including pensions, bonuses, tips, commissions) and benefits
- Reduced earning ability
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Damages
Families that lose a loved one in a truck accident may be able to recover losses with a wrongful death lawsuit. Pennsylvania law designates which relatives could pursue legal action, which can explain further during your free consultation. Recoverable damages under a wrongful death action include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The decedent’s medical expenses
- Household income the decedent would have earned
Our Cranberry Township, PA, attorney will evaluate your case to account for each loss suffered and assign a value to your compensation case. We will pursue every dollar you deserve and ensure we protect your interests as we manage your case.
Filing Deadlines for a Cranberry, PA, Township Truck Accident
Injured parties have a limited time to seek legal action for their losses. Generally, they have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the liable parties, according to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. If you want to pursue this path, we urge you to reach out to us as soon as you can to can protect your right to sue. Missing the deadline likely means you won’t get another chance to demand damages from those responsible for the accident. The sooner we hear from you, we can advise you on your next steps.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Are Truck Accident Cases Different From Passenger Car Accidents?
One factor that separates big-rig collisions from those involving smaller vehicles is multiple parties could be responsible for the crash. After we investigate the crash and review the evidence, we may find that any of the following contributed to it:
- The trucker’s employer
- The company that owns the truck
- A crew responsible for loading and securing the truck’s cargo
- The company that manufactured the truck or the truck’s parts
- A repair shop that serviced the truck
- A government agency that maintains the Cranberry Township, PA, accident site
- Other road users, such as a passenger car driver, a motorcyclist, etc.
Determining if and how other parties contributed to the accident is important because it could affect the compensation you recover. After we establish who had a role in the crash, we can pursue each party for damages for you.
Call Berger and Green Today for Help With a Cranberry Township Truck Accident
The road to recovery after a truck accident comes with its challenges, but our Cranberry Township truck accident attorney is here to help you as you work toward restoring your health, finances, and peace of mind. We will help you hold the parties that caused the big-rig accident accountable for their negligence and deal with the insurance company for you. Call us today for a free consultation.