If you are disabled and unable to work, you may qualify for medical care and monthly financial benefits. A Castle Shannon Social Security Disability lawyer from Berger and Green can help you with the Social Security Disability (SSD) application or appeals process.
Our legal support starts with a free consultation. Your Social Security Disability lawyer can then help you apply for the correct SSD program and understand the medical and financial benefits you are entitled to.
See How Berger and Green Can Help You Seek Social Security Disability Benefits
When we handle your case, we’ll work closely with you to understand your disability and its impact on your health and well-being. We know how disability benefits can make your life easier.
To help you seek the benefits you qualify for, your Castle Shannon SSD lawyer can:
- File your application
- Check your claim for accuracy
- Meet strict deadlines
If your case involves an appeal, we’ll manage it at every phase. Our goal is to ensure you get all the benefits you are entitled to.
Applying for SSD Benefits if You Cannot Work Because of a Disability
If you have a qualifying condition of disability that limits or prevents your ability to work, you could receive benefits from one of two SSD programs. If your disability is expected to last for at least a year or result in your death, you meet the basic eligibility guidelines.
After your Social Security Disability lawyer serving Castle Shannon, PA determines that you meet these benchmarks, we can then help you determine which disability benefits program is right for you. According to the Social Security Administration (SSA):
- You could qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits based on your work history, work credits, and participation in the Social Security trust fund.
- You could qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits based on financial need and any limited resources or support you have at your disposal.
For a free legal consultation with a Social Security Disability lawyer serving Castle Shannon, call 412-661-1400
Overview of SSD’s Disability Phases
The SSD application is lengthy and tedious. The first step in applying for benefits is understanding the application and collecting all required evidence. This part of the process can be overwhelming, since medical evidence can come from various healthcare providers and facilities.
Your Social Security Disability attorney serving Castle Shannon, PA will help by reviewing your medical evidence and ensuring you have not overlooked or inadvertently omitted anything. Once this phase is complete, we can help you with each successive phase of the appeals process, where applicable.
SSD’s Four-Step Appeals Process
If the SSA rejects your initial application for SSD benefits, our legal team will investigate why. If there are administrative or technical errors, we will identify and fix them. If your application has missing information, we’ll help you understand the gaps and fill them in.
We can appeal your rejection in the following ways:
- Reconsideration. An impartial party not involved in your initial denial will reevaluate your application.
- Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) Hearing. If reconsideration does not earn you benefits, we will request an ALJ hearing. Our experienced lawyers will make sure you are prepared for your hearing.
- Appeals Council Review. If the ALJ does not rule in your favor, we can ask the Appeals Council to review the ALJ’s decision. The Council will either agree with the ALJ’s decision, send it back to the ALJ for further review, or make a separate ruling.
- Federal Court Review. If all previous steps are unsuccessful, we can help you file a civil lawsuit in federal court. This is the final step in the appeals process.
This process can be daunting, but you do not have to face it alone. Your Castle Shannon SSD attorney will provide ongoing support.
Castle Shannon Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Our Law Firm Will Work to Help You Prove SSD Eligibility
Believing you qualify for disability benefits and proving you do are two very different things. We can help you through this daunting process.
The Social Security Administration will require specific documentation when determining your eligibility for benefits including:
- Personal identifying information
- Banking information
- Medical evidence
- Tax records and proof of income
Our goal is to ensure your application is comprehensive before you submit it. If we represent you during an appeal, we’ll ensure you obtain any supplementary information that further supports your claim.
Five-Star Reviews From Previous Berger and Green Clients
Our client-focused team is committed to fighting for benefits for our clients. Our reviews page contains written recommendations and video testimonials that let you hear directly from our satisfied clients. Some of our recent reviews include:
- Aaron Pascale: “I recently had Berger and Green represent me for a disability appeal. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with a law firm. They more than met my expectations… I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of legal assistance.”
- Kelly Stewart: “I contacted Berger and Green for their help. They went above and beyond to help me with my disability case and won it for me. My personal experience with them was an excellent one. I would highly recommend them to anyone [who] wants a winning team on their side.”
Every client we represent is our priority, so we go out of our way to provide the best possible experience.
Call Today for Your Free Social Security Disability Consultation
If you believe you are eligible for Social Security Disability benefits, a Castle Shannon Social Security Disability lawyer from our team can help you understand the application process. When you are ready to seek the disability benefits you qualify for, contact our team at Berger and Green today.