Our firm negotiates settlements for ankle and foot injuries by:
- Determining who caused your car accident
- Identifying your losses
- Determining the cost of your losses
- Gathering supporting documentation
- Presenting evidence
- Completing negotiations with other attorneys
This is a big-picture view of how we will complete your case. We handle all the details and day-to-day duties of your case as well.
How Our Firm Can Help You Today
When you hire us, you hand your case over to us. You can rest while we handle the following responsibilities.
Calculating the Value of Your Settlement
Before we can negotiate your settlement, we determine how much compensation you deserve based on:
- The nature of your ankle and foot injuries
- The existence of any other injuries
- The impact that your injuries have on your life
- The economic and non-economic costs of your accident and injuries
We factor the following damages into your settlement calculation:
- Lost income
- Immediate medical care
- Long-term medical care
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Medication costs
- Permanent disability
We carefully analyze your settlement, then seek fair awards for ankle and foot injuries suffered in your car accident. Your settlement may be your only chance to recover the awards that you deserve. We aim to cover every single one of your losses.
Filing Your Case Promptly
We file your case as promptly as possible. We know that legal deadlines (such as Pa. C.S.A. § 5524) can affect the eligibility of your case. For this reason, we do not delay in creating and filing your lawsuit or claim.
Waiting to file your case could allow the statute of limitations to expire. This could prevent you from seeking the compensation you deserve.
Defending Your Rights
We defend you from:
- Insurance companies
- Attorneys for defendants in your case
- Anyone else who may attempt to breach your rights
As your lawyers, protecting you from harm is a foremost concern.
Resolving Your Case
You should judge our performance by this standard: did we secure compensation for you?
We may obtain compensation by:
- Negotiating an insurance payout
- Negotiating a pre-trial settlement (for a lawsuit)
- Completing a trial
We generally try to settle. As the American Bar Association (ABA) explains, this is the standard outcome for civil cases. However, we will complete your trial if circumstances call for it.
For a free legal consultation, call 412-661-1400
We Seek Compensation From All Liable Parties
We identify all parties who owe you compensation. In car accident cases, liable parties can include:
- The driver who caused your accident (and resulting ankle and foot injuries)
- Any party responsible for a vehicle defect or malfunction
- The employer of a worker who caused your accident
- A government entity
We make no assumptions about your case. We review the facts of your accident to determine liability. We seek compensation from anyone who is liable.
What is the Standard for Liability?
We determine liability based on negligence. Someone is generally negligent if:
- They owe you a duty of care.
- They act in an unreasonable manner that violates their duty of care.
- Their violation of the duty of care caused your accident.
- Your accident caused you harm.
A driver may generally be guilty of negligence. Their actions may have exposed you to a serious risk of injury.
We may establish liability through other legal standards. For example, a person can be liable for someone else’s negligent acts. This applies even if they did not personally act in a negligent manner. This is the principle of vicarious liability.
We will explore any legal standards that entitle you to compensation.
How We Prove Liability
We seek all evidence that proves another party’s liability for your losses. Evidence that may prove liability includes:
- Video footage of your accident
- Witness accounts of your accident
- A police report documenting your accident
- An accident reconstruction
- Expert testimony
We will use any resource that supports your case for awards.
How Much Does Our Firm Cost?
There is no standard cost for hiring our firm. We will receive a percentage of any settlement or judgment that we win for you. This means that our fee can vary from one case to the next.
Because of this contingency-fee arrangement, you:
- Will not pay us unless we win your case
- Will not pay us anything before we complete your case
- Will not pay us anything out of pocket
We do not want your financial status to bar you from receiving legal help. We accept cases based on their merit, and contingency fees allow us to do so.
Call Berger and Green Today for a Free Consultation
We offer 24/7 consultations so that you can receive help when you need it. You can call for a free consultation now.
Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400 for your free consultation. Do not wait, as doing so could put your case at risk.