The Social Security Administration (SSA) offers two Social Security Disability (SSD) programs — Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income. When a Greene County Social Security Disability lawyer from our team guides you through the SSD application process, we’ll start with a free review and ensure you apply to the right program.
At Berger and Green, our Social Security team can assist you with your application for Social Security disability benefits. Our goal is to ensure you get all the benefits you are entitled to. We’ll help you navigate the complex application process and request an appeal on your behalf if the SSA denies your initial application.
Fighting for Social Security Disability Benefits? Berger and Green Can Help
Like many people, you might consider applying for SSD benefits on your own. However, this can lead to confusion and frustration. When a Greene County SSD lawyer from our team manages your application or appeal process, we can:
- Review the benefits you may be eligible for
- Review your medical and work history
- Complete your application for benefits
- Gather that necessary documentation for your claim
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- File all appeals
- Represent you before an Administrative Law Judge
- Answer any questions you have
If we manage your appeal, we’ll ensure we file your request on time and explore any new documentation or evidence that might supplement your request for benefits.
If the SSA approves your application, we can explain when you should start receiving Social Security benefits.
Your Residual Functional Capacity
As your Social Security Disability lawyer serving Greene County, PA can explain, disability benefits are not available for all injured workers. To qualify for them, you must have a disability that:
- Prevents you from doing your usual work
- Prevents you from doing other kinds of work
- Is expected to last for at least one year or result in your death
To determine the extent of your disability, the SSA will evaluate your residual functional capacity (RFC), your maximum level of functioning despite your limitations. Your disability must cause physical and/or cognitive impairments that severely limit your functionality and productivity. The SSA will measure your RFC using your medical records and an evaluation or a consultative exam.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Greene County, call 412-661-1400
Understanding the Difference Between SSDI and SSI
To ensure you apply for the benefits you are entitled to, your Social Security Disability attorney serving Greene County, PA will clarify who can apply for the two SSD benefit programs the SSA offers:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits are for those who have worked long enough and recently enough and paid Social Security taxes on their wages.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits are for individuals with little or no income, assets, or resources.
If the SSA awards you SSDI benefits, but the amount of your monthly financial benefits is low enough to qualify for SSI benefits, our team at Berger and Green will explain when and how you can apply for concurrent benefits. You may receive these benefits when you qualify for both SSD programs simultaneously.
Greene County Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Understanding the Stages of the Social Security Disability Appeals Process
If the SSA denies your application for benefits, you still have options that may help you get the benefits you need. Your Greene County SSD attorney can file an appeal on your behalf and represent you at each step of the appeals process, which can include:
- Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) hearing if your reconsideration request is unsuccessful
- Appeals Council review if the ALJ does not approve your claim
- Federal court review if the Appeals Council does grant an approval
You do not have to give up on getting disability benefits because of one or multiple denials. Your Greene County, Pennsylvania Social Security Disability attorney can help you keep fighting for the medical and financial benefits you need.
Reviews from Previous Berger and Green Clients
When clients we have helped obtain SSD benefits leave reviews for our law firm, they say things like the following:
- Christie Templeton: “I want to thank attorney Amanda Bonnesen. She is a wonderful attorney. She helped me through my disability hearing. I was really surprised [at] how fast my disability claim was approved [as] fully favorable. Thank you, again.”
- Abbey Lane: “I had attorney Mark Malalk for a disability hearing which resulted in a favorable decision, I am very pleased that I had him in my corner for this experience. What an awesome law firm. Thank you, Berger and Green!”
Visit our reviews page to read additional reviews and watch video testimonials about what it means to work with our client-focused law firm.
Get Your No-Cost Social Security Disability Case Review
At Berger and Green, we are passionate about pursuing disability benefits for qualified clients. A Greene County Social Security Disability lawyer from our team can review your application and help you file an appeal if the SSA denies your request.
Contact our case review team to learn more about how hard we’ll work to help you get the medical and financial benefits you need and deserve.