If you are applying for disability benefits and are unsure of the application process or the information you must submit, a Forest Hills Social Security Disability lawyer can help. At Berger and Green, we offer free consultations to help you determine which Social Security Disability (SSD) program meets your needs and ensure you complete the correct application.
If the Social Security Administration (SSA) rejects your initial application, we can file an appeal on your behalf and help you keep fighting for the benefits you qualify to receive. From the beginning to the conclusion of your case, our Social Security team will fight for you.
Get Help Seeking Social Security Disability Benefits
Many disabled individuals try to secure SSD benefits on their own. When one of our SSD attorneys serving Forest Hills goes to bat for you, we can take the stress and frustration out of this complex process. We can explain how to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits and evaluate your claim for benefits.
We can also:
- Review the reason your application was denied
- Determine what required information is missing from your application, if any
- Fix any administrative or technical errors that might lead to a denial
The experienced Social Security disability lawyers at Berger and Green can help you file your application for Social Security Disability benefits. If you can no longer work due to a physical or mental disability we suggest that you do not wait to file your application, a Forest Hills disability attorney can help.
You Could Be Eligible to Pursue SSD Benefits if You Cannot Work
If an injury or disabling injury prevents you from working, you could be eligible for SSD benefits. For you to qualify, your condition must prevent you from doing your current job or any other job.
If you meet these criteria, a Social Security Disability lawyer serving Forest Hills can help you apply for the appropriate SSD program.
Social Security Disability Insurance Program (SSDI)
You should apply for SSDI benefits if you have a long enough work history and contributed to the Social Security fund during your employment. We will review your proof of income and determine whether this is the best option.
Supplemental Security Income Program (SSI)
You should apply for SSI benefits if you have limited or non-existent access to resources and few financial assets or means of support. We will review your income records and determine whether this is the right option.
For a free legal consultation with a Social Security Disability lawyer serving Forest Hills, call 412-661-1400
Proving Your Disability Qualifies for SSD Benefits
According to the SSA, your disability and its impact on your ability to function and maintain gainful employment are measured by your Residual Functional Capacity (RFC).
If your disability is not found on SSA’s listing of impairments, you might still qualify for benefits based on your RFC rating.
The SSA will determine your RFC in one of the following three ways:
- According to your medical records
- According to your doctor’s evaluation
- By submitting to a consultative exam
Understand the Many Phases of Acquiring Disability Benefits
Applying for benefits is a difficult process. If you are denied benefits the next step is an appeal. The appeals process involves the following four phases:
- Reconsideration — Your Social Security Disability attorney serving Forest Hills will request a reconsideration of your application and its documentation. They will ask for a new and impartial set of eyes to review your relevant medical evidence.
- Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) Hearing — If the reconsideration stage is unsuccessful, we will request a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. We will make sure you are prepared and be by your side for this step.
- Appeals Council Review — If the ALJ hearing does not result in you receiving SSD benefits, we can ask the Appeals Council to review the ALJ’s decision. They will either affirm it, ask the Judge to review it again or make a ruling.
- Federal Court Review — If you advance to this point, we can file a civil lawsuit on your behalf and keep fighting for the benefits you deserve.
Social Security Disability Client Reviews
When clients we have represented in SSD cases recommend our responsive, supportive legal services, they leave online reviews like the following:
- Arlene Kinney: “I was recommended to Berger and Green by a friend of mine, and I am glad. They helped me every step of the way with my Social Security Disability… [and] I finally got it… I would recommend Berger and Green to anyone needing help with disability benefits.”
- Deb Stahlman: “I highly recommend Berger and Green. They answered every question my husband and I had and after a long process, we were awarded disability benefits. Mark Malak was our attorney, and we were very happy with his guidance and preparation for the hearing.”
Our reviews page has additional written and video testimonials that speak to our commitment to ensuring our injured clients get the benefits they need and deserve.
Forest Hills Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Let Us Help With Your SSD Case Today
Fighting for Social Social Security disability benefits can feel overwhelming. A Forest Hills Social Security Disability lawyer from Berger and Green can help you navigate this complex process. If the SSA denied your application, we can file an appeal on your behalf.
Contact one of our team members for a free consultation and find out how hard we’ll go to bat for you.