Ideally, the Social Security Administration (SSA) would review your application for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, recognize your eligibility, and supply any compensation you are entitled to. Unfortunately, the claims process is not always so simple.
If you have received a denial of Social Security benefits after applying for them, a Steubenville Social Security Disability lawyer from Berger and Green can file an appeal. This process allows you to challenge the decision, and fight for your benefits in front of an Administrative Law Judge. You can call us today for a free consultation.
Our Social Security Disability Attorneys Will Guide You Through a Disability Appeal in Steubenville, OH
We will use our knowledge and experience with SSDI and SSI applications and appeals in your favor. Because our attorneys serving Steubenville focus intently on helping those seeking benefits for a medical condition, we are very familiar with the process ahead.
Our team will assist you by:
- Evaluating your initial application: Shortcomings in your initial application for SSDI or SSI benefits may have caused the denial. Our team will review why your application was denied. If you have received a letter stating your claim was rejected because of a technical denial, we can discuss what that means.
- Addressing any obvious errors that led to a denial: If we identify any issues in your initial application that could have caused the denial, we will take measures to fix those errors in preparation for your appeal.
- Reviewing your medical condition: Did you include all of your medical conditions and your doctors and any hospital stays within your application. We can go over medical history to confirm your file is complete.
- Communicating with SSA officials before your appeal: Our team will lead discussions with SSA officials.
- Completing the appeals process for you: Our disability lawyer from Berger and Green will guide you through every step of the appeals process. We will take the lead, advise you at every turn, and work to position your appeal for success.
- Meet all deadlines: It is critical that you meet the Social Security Administration’s deadline when filing an appeal, Berger and Green can handle this for you.
Do not underestimate the value of experience when it comes to SSDI and SSI applications and appeals. Our firm has helped many clients obtain the disability benefits they deserve, and we are focused to go after your disability benefits in Steubenville.
For a free legal consultation with a Social Security Disability Appeals lawyer serving Steubenville, call 412-661-1400
Why Hire Berger and Green to Represent Your Steubenville Social Security Appeals Case?
When choosing a law office to assist with your Social Security Disability appeal, consider that Berger and Green:
Prioritizes Social Security Disability Appeals
When you research Berger and Green, you will find many clients we have helped with SSDI and SSI applications and appeals. While we handle other practice areas, we:
- Our disability attorneys handle only Social Security Disability cases
- Are familiar with the latest protocols and rules related to SSDI and SSI applications
- Have interacted many times with SSA officials
- Have secured many positive outcomes for clients seeking benefits through the Social Security Administration
Those who need disability benefits in Steubenville and throughout Ohio can turn to Berger and Green.
Fights for Our Clients to Receive All of the Benefits They Deserve
Our intention is to get all the disability benefits you are entitled to.
Makes Compassion and Respect Standard Operating Procedure
Our clients are the bedrock of our firm. Each of our compassionate attorneys, paralegals, and support staff value and respect each of our clients. This is the standard at Berger and Green.
Steubenville Social Security Disability Appeals Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Steps to Expect During a Social Security Disability Appeal in Steubenville
When you initiate an appeal of a Social Security Disability application denial, the appeal may enter a four-stage process, which includes:
- Reconsideration: The SSA can reconsider your application for benefit. This is a new look at your application.
- Administrative Law Judge hearing: If the reconsideration phase does not lead to an approval of your application, we may then request that an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) review your case.
- Review from the Appeals Council: If the Administrative Law Judge does not grant your appeal, we could ask the Appeals Council to review the previous decision. The council could review it or deny or dismiss your request.
- Filing a lawsuit in federal district court: You can file a federal lawsuit seeking disability benefits. We will advise you about whether this is a viable option based on your circumstances.
Our team has helped clients through each of these stages, though we hope to resolve your appeal as early in this sequence as possible.
We May Face a Deadline for Filing Your Appeal
We may have only 60 days after the SSA’s initial decision to file an appeal request. SSA provides multiple ways to initiate an appeal if your disability benefits application is denied. Our team will advise you about the most appropriate means of appealing the denial of your application.
We Know Why You May Be Seeking SSDI or SSI Benefits for a Steubenville, OH, Disability Claim
SSDI and SSI are essential financial buffers for disabled Americans. When you become sick, suffer an injury, or have other health complications limiting your ability to work, you can pursue disability benefits.
Our firm knows:
- How stressful disabling injuries and illnesses can be
- Many disabled individuals in Steubenville, perhaps including you, have accumulated years of work credits that entitle them to SSDI benefits
- Obtaining SSDI or SSI benefits is not always easy
Many clients suffer pain, mental health struggles, and other challenging realities that prevent them from handling their disability claims. Berger and Green can share the load by leading your Social Security Disability application or appeal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Berger and Green Today for a Free Consultation About Your Social Security Disability Appeal in Steubenville
Do not wait to speak with our team about appealing a disability. If your case has been denied you must appeal your denial within 60 days. It is important that you do not miss a deadline. Missing a deadline can have negative financial repercussions.
Call Berger and Green today for your free consultation about retaining a Steubenville Social Security Disability appeals lawyer from our team.