Applying for and receiving Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits can be complex, but appealing a denial of benefits can be even more difficult. It can mean gathering a wealth of paperwork and information related to your personal, medical, and employment history. It also means learning about the two disability programs available through the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and making sure you applied for the appropriate one.
You do not have to navigate the SSD appeals process without legal guidance and support. When our legal team is on your side, we represent you throughout the various steps of the appeals process. At Berger and Green, our Butler County Social Security Disability lawyers fight hard to help people obtain the medical and financial benefits they need and deserve.
Berger and Green Can Help If You Received a Denial of Social Security Disability Benefits
When you take on the enormous task of applying for SSD benefits, our law firm will take it on with you. Some of the ways we support disability applicants include:
- File your application for benefits
- Navigating the decision review and appeals process
- Represent you before an Administrative Law Judge
We also make sure you understand the steps we will take to appeal a decision on Social Security disability benefits. Our law firm will represent you from start to finish through all four phases of the appeals process, which include:
- An Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) hearing
- A review with the Appeals Council
- A hearing through the federal court system
Affording a Social Security Disability Lawyer
At Berger and Green, we are here to fight for you. We even represent you on a contingency fee basis and do not expect or accept any compensation until you receive your benefits. Our fee structure is client-friendly, risk-fee, and means our legal team does not add to your existing financial hardship with hourly attorney’s fees or a hefty retainer.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Butler County, call 412-661-1400
Understanding What Conditions Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits
The SSA provides a listing of impairments that includes physical and mental conditions that are considered disabling. Your disability could still qualify for benefits even if it is not on this list.
Your diagnosed disability must:
- Make you unable to go back to work and be expected to last at least one full year; or
- Be expected to ultimately result in your death
At Berger and Green, our Butler County Social Security Disability attorneys can help you understand the evidence that will prove you meet these qualifications.
Applying for the Appropriate SSD Program
At Berger and Green, our Social Security Disability attorney serving Butler County understands that the first step in the application process is choosing the right program and application in the first place. Available SSD benefits programs include:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): This program is designed to assist disabled working individuals who made contributions to SSD insurance via a work history that is long enough and sufficient enough to meet the required guidelines.
- Supplemental Security Income Program (SSI): This program is for disabled individuals who have a demonstrated financial need and few, if any, available resources or sources of support.
Sometimes, injured workers who become disabled and qualify for SSDI benefits might also qualify for SSI benefits. These are called concurrent benefits. Our legal team will inform you if you qualify for both programs.
Butler County Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
How to Prove Your Eligibility for Social Security Disability Benefits
Our Social Security Disability attorneys can file your application for benefits. We will also ensure you understand every step of the process. We can help you gather supplemental evidence of your disability to submit during the decision review process.
When we accept your case, we do so with your best interests in mind. We make sure you are supported throughout the entire process.
See Why Previous SSD Clients Recommend Our Law Firm
Our previous clients leave reviews for our law firm, and they can give you an idea of how our lawyers can help. Take a look at a couple of their reviews:
- Randy Russ: “I retained Berger and Green for [my] Social Security Disability case due to my chronic illnesses and chronic pain. Berger and Green guided me through all of the processes…and always let me know in a very timely fashion what steps were happening…I highly recommend them for all of your disability needs.”
- Mindy Shearer: “When I originally contacted the law firm of Berger and Green, I felt hopeless and anxious…I was incredibly grateful when my disability case was granted rapidly. I can’t express how much of a relief it was to know that I will be able to pay my bills.”
Testimonials like these attest to our commitment to outstanding client service. Read more and watch video testimonials on our reviews page.
Work With Our Social Security Disability Team Today
Are you or someone you love overwhelmed by the SSD appeals process? At Berger and Green, we are passionate about helping people get the benefits they need and deserve.
Contact one of our team members to get a free review of your case and find out how our Social Security Disability lawyer serving Butler County can help.