The Berger and Green team has been serving injured and disabled people in Pennsylvania for over 40 years. We want to give back to the community and help the next generation of leaders and professionals. As part of our outreach efforts, we are offering a new annual scholarship for students living with heart disease. Beginning in 2017, our firm will bestow a $1,000 Heart Disease Scholarship upon one hardworking, eligible college student.
Heart disease is the number one cause of death in the United States, and a growing number of young people are being diagnosed with the condition each year. Having a congenital heart defect or being diagnosed with cardiovascular disease radically affects the direction of a person’s life. There are numerous trials and limitations that people with heart disease must face that will test their resolve, character, and faith.
We do not believe that heart disease should impede a student’s education. All students should have every opportunity possible to pursue their dreams. And we want to help. It is our hope that the Berger and Green Heart Disease Scholarship will provide a high-achieving student with a little welcome relief during their journey. We encourage all eligible students to apply.
Who is eligible for the Berger and Green Heart Disease Scholarship?
The Berger and Green Heart Disease Scholarship is open to both men and women living with heart disease in the U.S. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome to apply.
All applicants must satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- You have been diagnosed with heart disease or a congenital heart defect.
- You are enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- You carry at least a 3.0 GPA.
- You must submit an application, along with a copy of your transcript and an essay. (More details on the essay below.)
- You agree to our Terms and Conditions.
How do students apply for the scholarship?
To apply for the Berger and Green Heart Disease Scholarship, fill out the application form on this page. Do not forget to attach your transcripts and essay.
The deadline for the 2019 award is June 30th, 2019.
What are the essay requirements?
Choose one of the following topics and write a 500- to 1,000-word essay to submit for consideration.
- How has heart disease affected or changed your plans in life? How have you dealt with your diagnosis to continue to strive to reach your goals?
- What aspects of living with heart disease do you wish society better understood?
- What steps do you think the U.S. should take to reduce heart disease?
- What advice would you give to a young person who has just been diagnosed with heart disease?
Learn More about the Berger and Green Heart Disease Scholarship
If you have questions about the Berger and Green Heart Disease Scholarship, feel free to call our office at 412-661-1400 or fill out our contact form.
We look forward to reading your essay. We will contact the winner by phone and/or email.