- Recovering compensation after an accident
Make sure you reset your clocks this weekend as Daylight Saving Time comes to an end. Daylight Savings will end on Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 2:00 a.m.
If you have a normal routine around 5 o’clock, you might notice it’s much darker than it used to be. Although we may be used to these daily routines and activities, the darkness can make quite an impact regarding our safety.
Here are a few safety tips for motorists and pedestrians to follow:
- Motorists need to slow down. It is harder to see pedestrians, other vehicles and signs when it is dark.
- Make sure your windshield, windows and mirrors are clean so there is no glare coming from oncoming headlights or street lights that will impair your vision.
- Check that your defrosters and headlights are working properly and that you have enough washer fluid.
- Yield to pedestrians in cross walks.
- Leave more distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Pedestrians should always carry a flashlight and use reflective materials such as fluorescent tape on clothing.
- Also, do not depend on traffic signals; drivers may be distracted and still adjusting to the darker environment.
- Try and avoid walking on the streets and use sidewalks whenever possible; however, if you must walk on the street, you should always walk facing the traffic.
- Cross only at intersections or cross walks.
Most importantly, motorists and pedestrians should always stay focused and minimize distractions. With the new time change, sleep patterns can be affected. Being alert can help avoid accidents and prevent injuries during daylight or evening hours. We encourage our readers to take these precautionary steps before heading out, to keep themselves and others safe on the road
Recovering compensation after an accident
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, contact the law firm of Berger and Green to review your rights. You may be entitled to compensation.
For a free legal consultation, call 412-661-1400
Pursuing a claim after an accident can help pay for unexpected costs such as wage loss, medical bills and pain, and suffering. At Berger and Green, we consider your present and future needs. Call 412-661-1400 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Pittsburgh at Berger and Green today
Source: Record Herold, “AAA offers ‘fall back’ driving tips as daylight saving time ends”