When you sustain a serious injury, there are a lot of issues you will need to address. Getting the best medical treatment available and recuperating are top priority. But you will also need to consider financial issues like how you will pay for the medical bills, how you are going to make ends meet if you must take time off work to recover, and how you are going to face the future if you suffered a long-term disability.
The lawyers at Berger and Green represent people all throughout Pennsylvania who suffered injuries caused by others’ negligence. We help victims with all types of injury claims pursue fair compensation for their losses. To speak with a personal injury lawyer in Washington County, call our office at 412-661-1400 and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to see how we may be of service to you.
Do I have a valid personal injury case?
Not all injuries and situations will justify a personal injury claim. There are a couple of elements you must establish to successfully file a claim and collect damages:
- The person or business that you are filing a claim against (the defendant), must have owed you a duty of care. For instance, store owners owe patrons a duty of care, manufacturers owe consumers a duty of care, and doctors owe patients a duty of care.
- The defendant acted in a way that breached his/her duty of care, i.e., s/he was negligent. A store failing to put up warning signage for wet floors is an example of negligence.
- You were hurt as a result of the defendant’s negligence.
- You sustained actual damages that you can prove with medical bills, receipts, etc.
If all of these requirements apply to your case, there is a good chance you can win reimbursement for your losses. We can determine the best course of action for you.
What types of personal injury cases does Berger and Green handle?
Our team of highly skilled personal injury attorneys and support staff have successfully negotiated and litigated all types of personal injury cases. Below are just a few examples of cases we can assist with:
- Premises liability: slip and fall accidents, dog attacks, swimming pool accidents, collapsed structures, assaults due to negligent security
- Auto accidents: passenger cars, semi-trucks, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians
- Medical malpractice: surgical mistakes, labor and delivery mistakes, prescription errors, wrong or delayed diagnoses
- Negligent caretakers: nursing home abuse and neglect, daycare injuries
- Product liability: injuries resulting from faulty or defective products, toys, parts, medications and medical devices, foods
- Wrongful death: We can help pursue damages when your loved one was killed by another’s negligence.
What types of damages can I collect?
With a personal injury claim, you can pursue recovery for most of your injury-related losses. This includes your current and future expenses and your emotional damages.
Compensable damages include:
- Medical and rehabilitation bills
- Transportation expenses for your medical care
- Lost wages, loss of promotion, and loss of work benefits
- The cost of hiring help around the house while you are incapacitated, such as maintenance jobs or a home nurse aide
- “Pain and suffering” which includes all the intangible harms you have suffered that you cannot put a dollar sign on — like depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, the emotional cost of suffering from scarring, etc.
- Wrongful death damages such as loss of your loved one’s wages and other contributions, loss of benefits, and loss of love, support, and consortium
When you enlist our services, we will help assess the value of your case and provide you with a rough estimate. We can also speak to financial experts like forensic economists to help factor in the total cost of your future losses — particularly with long-term injuries and wrongful death cases. This way, we can ensure the damages we demand are enough to take care of your and your family’s future needs.
Why should I choose Berger and Green to help with my case?
For the last 40 years, the team at Berger and Green has dedicated their careers to providing the highest quality services to all our personal injury clients. We take the time to listen to your story and get a clear understanding of how your injuries are impacting your life. We make sure to paint a detailed picture of your losses for the insurance company or courts so that you are not shortchanged.
In fact, one of the things that makes Berger and Green a standout is that we have earned a reputation for winning sizeable settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Two of our attorneys have been recognized by a prestigious group of trial lawyers, The Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Only lawyers who have won million-dollar or multi-million-dollar settlements or verdicts for their clients. When you entrust your case to us, you can rest assured we will fight diligently to get you the full amount you deserve.
When we begin working on your case, your lawyer will explain what to expect during the claims process and what your next steps are. We make sure to keep you informed about the status of your case so you are never in the dark. And we make ourselves accessible so you can come to us at any time with questions or concerns.
Can I afford an attorney for my personal injury case?
At Berger and Green, we have a contingency fee policy for our legal fees. This means that we do not charge for legal fees unless and until you receive an award. So, you can get the legal counsel you need without upfront fees, and there is no risk on your part.
When you partner with Berger and Green, you will be able to rest easier knowing that someone who knows the ins and outs of personal injury law and who has your best interests in mind is working hard on your behalf.
Call 412-661-1400 to schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Washington County.