No one plans to sustain a serious injury; accidents, by nature, always catch you off-guard. They can leave you wounded, uncertain about your future, and financially strained. If another party caused or contributed to your injury, you have the right to pursue compensation for your physical, financial, and emotional losses. But these cases are difficult; a Beaver County personal injury lawyer at Berger and Green can help.
Our team of personal injury in lawyers Beaver County have obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for injured and disabled clients. We might be able to do the same for you. Call our office at 412-424-6079 for a free case evaluation to see if you qualify.
Does my injury qualify for a personal injury case?
Personal injury law is based on the concept of negligence. That is, when another person or business’s negligence hurts someone, the injured party has a right to pursue damages from the responsible party.
Negligence comes in many forms. For instance, in a car accident, a driver would be negligent if s/he were speeding, driving under influence, or texting and not paying attention to the road. Similarly, a surgeon would be negligent if s/he failed to thoroughly read a patient’s file and accidentally performed surgery on the wrong body part.
If you can show:
- The other party (defendant) owed you a duty of care;
- The defendant somehow breached that duty, i.e., acted negligently;
- Your injury was a direct result of the defendant’s negligence; and
- You sustained actual injuries as a result,
then you will likely be eligible to file a personal injury case.
What types of personal injury cases does Berger and Green accept?
At Berger and Green, our team of attorneys and support staff has notable experience in various arenas of personal injury law. Because of our professional diversity, we can represent all types of personal injury cases. Below are just a few examples:
- Auto accidents: Car accidents, semi-truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, bus accidents, public transit accidents, etc. This also includes boating accidents and plane accidents.
- Premises liability: This refers to accidents that occur on others’ property, such as slip and falls, elevator accidents, dog bites, collapsing structures, accidents at sporting events and concerts, etc.
- Medical malpractice: Surgical mistakes, prescription errors, labor, and delivery errors, mistaken or delayed diagnoses, wrong treatments, etc.
- Product liability: We can help hold any company along the supply chain responsible when their defective or unreasonably dangerous products cause injuries, such as baby items, toys, car parts, and medications.
- Wrongful death: When a person’s negligence leads to the victim’s death, we can help the surviving family members pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
How does a personal injury case work?
Each personal injury case is different, but generally the process involves the following steps:
- Getting an evaluation from a doctor and continuing medical care throughout the rest of the process.
- Collecting evidence that can help identify liability such as Beaver County police reports, eyewitness reports, photos, and video, etc.
- Filing a claim with the at-fault party’s liability insurance company, such as an auto insurance, homeowner’s insurance, or commercial liability insurance policy.
- Evaluating the total cost of the accident to estimate the value of your damages.
- Awaiting a settlement offer from the insurer and negotiating for a higher sum.
- Accepting a settlement after your lawyer confirms it is a reasonable offer, or if your team and the at-fault’s insurer cannot reach a fair settlement, filing the case in civil court.
Do I need a lawyer to help with my personal injury case?
It is ill-advised to attempt to handle a personal injury case on your own, especially when it involves substantial injuries and losses. Most people do not fully understand what their rights and responsibilities are or how to go about making the most of their claim. Plus, insurers are more likely to take advantage of and try to slight victims not represented by a lawyer.
Berger and Green lawyers can be of tremendous benefit to your case. We can assist with all aspects of your claim and eliminate much of your burden so you can focus on getting better. When you work with us, we can:
- Help gather evidence during the discovery process.
- Deal directly with the insurance company so you do not have to.
- Speak to experts about your case to help prove fault.
- File pertinent paperwork with the right agencies.
- Tell you how to avoid common mistakes people make that ruin personal injury cases.
- Talk to your doctors and eyewitnesses about your case.
- Be prepared for any arguments or counterclaims that may arise against you.
- Counsel you on how to best proceed with your case.
- Comprehensively document the extent of your damages, including current and future needs, so the insurer offers you a full and fair compensation award that provides for you and your family’s future.
- Prepare for court and take the case to trial if necessary.
Why should I choose Berger and Green to represent my injury case?
Our team at Berger and Green is deeply passionate about helping injured victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. We encourage you to read our website to learn more about us. Some of the key characteristics that make our firm the best choice for a Beaver County personal injury case include the following:
- We are known for winning large sums for our clients. We have won million and multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts and are part of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Our team of attorneys are highly credentialed and have a diverse background in all areas of personal injury law.
- We pride ourselves on excellent client satisfaction. Our recent cases and client reviews speak for themselves.
- Our team is thoroughly steeped in personal injury law and use our in-depth understanding to our client’s benefit. Feel free to check out our blog and Facebook page for more free information that can benefit you and your case.
- We offer free consultations in the Pittsburgh area, and we have a “we don’t get paid unless you win your case” fee policy, which means you have no out-of-pocket expenses to worry about.
Call us today at 412-661-1400 to talk to someone about your personal injury case and see how we can be of service to you.