- How Can Our Oil City, Pennsylvania Car Accident Lawyer Help Your Case?
- What Recoverable Damages Are You Entitled to After an Oil City Car Accident?
- Demonstrating Negligence After Your Oil City Car Accident
- File Your Oil City Car Accident Lawsuit on Time
- The Legal Team at Berger and Green Can Help You Seek Compensation After an Oil City Car Accident
If you were injured in an auto accident caused by another person’s negligence, an Oil City car accident lawyer at Berger and Green could help you pursue the compensation you deserve. We represent car crash survivors who’ve suffered all types of injuries ranging from mild to catastrophic, such as whiplash, broken bones, concussions, and spinal cord injuries.
Navigating the aftermath of a car accident can be challenging, especially when you are in the process of receiving treatment for severe injuries and trying to put your life back together. We can handle the complex legal tasks needed to pursue compensation for the personal and financial losses you’ve suffered.
How Can Our Oil City, Pennsylvania Car Accident Lawyer Help Your Case?
Many legal tasks necessary for car accident cases can be complex and time-consuming. Our Oil City personal injury attorneys understand how to handle the following tasks in your case:
Investigating the Accident
A thorough accident investigation is essential to develop a solid case and fully understand the circumstances surrounding the car crash, including its precise cause and impact on your life. Our Oil City car accident attorneys can gather the physical evidence, witness statements, and documentation needed to determine which party is responsible for compensating you.
Furthermore, medical bills, income statements, and expert witness testimony are also useful to prove the damages you’ve suffered. Your personal injury attorney can handle all of this for you and keep you updated while you focus on your recovery.
Negotiating With Insurance Companies
Our Oil City car accident city attorneys at Berger and Green will handle all communications with insurance companies and claims adjusters involved in your case. In doing so, we can protect you from bad faith insurance practices and provide you with fierce advocacy, ensuring that any settlement you accept is appropriate. We will take your case to trial if insurance companies refuse to settle fairly.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Sometimes it’s in the client’s best interest to file a lawsuit against the liable party. If your case goes to trial, we will represent you and fight for a fair verdict using all of the supporting evidence we’ve secured. We can also negotiate to settle your lawsuit outside of court.
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accident lawyer serving Oil City, call 412-661-1400
What Recoverable Damages Are You Entitled to After an Oil City Car Accident?
The damages you can recover after a car accident will depend on the losses you suffered. The financial value of some damages can be calculated based on documentation, such as bills and receipts. The cost of your non-economic damages can be estimated by your attorney using legal calculations. You could recover damages such as:
- Medical costs, including emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, doctor’s visits, home equipment, prescription drugs, and ongoing treatment expenses
- Mental health care for psychological damage, such as PTSD
- Loss of income if you took time off work due to active pain, injury, or disability
- Diminished earning capacity for loss of future income due to disability
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and stress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Long-term or permanent disability
- Loss of quality of life
- Property damage, including vehicle repair or replacement
Our team will fight for your financial recovery. We will ensure all your accident-related losses are documented in your demand for damages.
Oil City Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Demonstrating Negligence After Your Oil City Car Accident
You must establish liability before you can pursue compensation. We can do this by demonstrating the at-fault party’s negligence. For example, if a careless driver injured you, your legal team must establish the following elements:
- Duty of care: The driver owed a duty of care to others on the road to drive responsibly and safely enough to avoid harming others.
- Breach of duty: The driver breached this duty by driving carelessly and failing to fulfill their obligation to ensure their actions did not cause harm to others.
- Causation: The driver’s breach of duty caused the accident and your injuries.
- Damages: You sustained losses due to the accident and your injuries.
What Caused Your Car Accident in Oil City, PA?
Your car accident could have been the result of driver error. Some common types of car accidents include rollover accidents, head-on accidents, and rear-end accidents. Your accident could have been caused by:
- Driving while distracted, such as by texting or talking to another passenger
- Careless or reckless driving, such as excessive speeding
- Driving too fast or inappropriately for existing weather conditions
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Violating other traffic laws, which may include failing to yield, driving the wrong way, tailgating, or losing vehicle control
Other parties that may be liable for car accidents include third-party drivers, entities in charge of road maintenance, vehicle repair shops, and auto manufacturers. In the case of drunk driving, businesses such as bars, stores, and restaurants may be liable for selling alcohol to a person who is clearly intoxicated.
File Your Oil City Car Accident Lawsuit on Time
If you plan to sue the at-fault driver, you need to file your lawsuit on time. Our team can help you with that. In general, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. If your loved one passed away because of a car accident in Oil City, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit or a survivor claim.
It’s important to note that the statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits begins on the day of your loved one’s death, while the statute of limitations for survival claims begins on the date of injury. Missing your filing deadline could mean you are no longer able to recover compensation. Don’t wait too long to get started on your Oil City car accident case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Legal Team at Berger and Green Can Help You Seek Compensation After an Oil City Car Accident
If you were the victim of a car crash in Pennsylvania that left you suffering from injuries and other losses, feel free to contact the Oil City car accident team at Berger and Green for a free, no-obligation consultation. You can speak to one of our team members to learn more about your options for seeking justice.