We can help if you or a loved one suffered injuries in a truck accident. Our law firm will investigate your accident and help you through the complicated process of recovering compensation. We will review the details of your accident in a free consultation and explore all available financial recovery avenues.
At Berger and Green, we work hard for every injured client we represent. We are your advocates and will ensure your case meets all legal parameters and notification and filing deadlines. Our New Kensington truck accident lawyer can help you build a case for compensation.
What Do I Need to Know About Building a Truck Accident Case?
Our entire team is passionate about helping victims of negligence-based accidents recover compensation from the at-fault party. To ensure your case gets the attention to detail it needs, we will:
- Investigate your truck accident
- Assess your recoverable damages
- Compile a supporting evidence file
- Handle all case-related communication
- Complete and submit forms and paperwork
- Provide ongoing updates on your case
Your truck accident case can be complicated since it can involve multiple at-fault parties. Our familiarity with state and local law means we know how to handle this complex situation. Our truck accident lawyers can identify all potentially liable parties and explore every avenue of financial recovery.
How Does Your Lawyer Know Who to Pursue for Compensation?
Who bears liability for your truck accident depends on the negligent actions that led to the collision. The four elements of negligence include:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Depending on the accident’s cause, potentially liable parties can include:
- The truck driver if they are an owner/operator or if the actions (driver fatigue, alcohol consumption, speeding) led to the collision.
- The trucking company if their actions violated trucking industry laws or they failed to properly license, train, or supervise their driver.
- The cargo loading facility if the cargo was improperly loaded, imbalanced, or the truck was overloaded.
- Truck or parts manufacturers if a vehicle or design flaw or manufacturing defect contributed to the collision.
Our investigation will uncover the causes of the accident and identify the at-fault party. We will not hesitate to pursue compensation from every available avenue.
How Will Your Truck Accident Lawyer Prove the Cause of My Accidents?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the most common causes of truck accidents are vehicle failures, environmental issues, and driver actions. To identify the specific causes and contributing factors in your case, we will conduct our own independent investigation.
Our truck accident lawyer serving New Kensington will collect evidence that includes:
- Official accident report
- Medical records and bills
- Salary history records
- Accident scene photos
- Accident reconstruction
- Witness statements
- Truck maintenance records
- Hours-of-service logbook
- Driver training history
- Cargo loading instructions
Let our team at Berger and Green handle the daunting process of compiling evidence and submitting it to the at-fault parties and their insurers. While we build your case, you can focus on getting better.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving New Kensington, call 412-661-1400
Who Covers the My Truck Accident-Related Expenses and Losses?
The party whose negligence caused the accident is responsible for covering your post-accident costs. Whether from one or multiple negligent parties, economic damages we fight hard to recover for you include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost wages
- Assistive medical devices
- Treatment-related travel costs
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
These costs are easy to document with bills and receipts. Non-economic damages are more challenging to document. They include:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your family lost a loved one, you have our deepest condolences and our commitment to helping you recover wrongful death or survivors’ damages. Our legal team will explain the distinctions of each and your family’s eligibility.
What if We Cannot Reach a Settlement Agreement?
The majority of personal injury and wrongful death cases are resolved without going to court. If your case must go to court, you have a limited amount of time to file your lawsuit.
If it is not filed on time, you might not be permitted to file it at all. Even if you manage to file it late, the at-fault party and their insurer will request its immediate dismissal. This request will be granted, and you will have no further legal avenue to compel compensation. In general, Pa. C.S.A. § 5524 gives you:
- Up to two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit
- Up to two years from the date of demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit
- Up to two years from the date of the accident to file your survival action
Leave it to us. With more than 40 years of experience, our truck accident team will ensure your potential lawsuit is filed on time.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Truck Accident Attorney?
It costs nothing upfront, and you will incur no out-of-pocket costs to hire our truck accident team. You should not have to wait or go without legal support and service when you need it most. We will accept your case on a contingency fee basis, meaning:
- You limit the risk of filing your lawsuit too late
- We cover all the expenses of building your case
Our fee structure means we will not expect or accept any compensation until after we obtain it for you. If your case does not result in a financial award, you will not owe us any legal fees at all.
New Kensington Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Call for Your No-cost Truck Accident Case Consultation
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident or a loved one was fatally injured, our New Kensington truck accident lawyer can help you pursue financial compensation. We will review the details of your case and work hard to negotiate a favorable monetary settlement. Get started today by contacting our consultation team at Berger and Green today.