- What a Lawyer From Our Team Can do for You
- You Could Receive a Payout for Your Meadville Motorcycle Accident
- Do Not Delay in Filing Your Motorcycle Accident Case
- Call a Berger and Green Team Member Today
If a motorcycle accident in Meadville, Pennsylvania left you or a loved one injured and facing mounting medical bills, you may be eligible for compensation. The at-fault party may be held legally accountable in an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
A lawyer from Berger and Green who handles motorcycle accident cases in Meadville can review the facts, gather evidence, determine liability, and file a claim or lawsuit on your behalf. You do not have to face this legal journey on your own. We can handle every aspect of your case from start to finish while you focus on your recovery.
What a Lawyer From Our Team Can do for You
While you focus on your family and trying to heal from the motorcycle accident, a lawyer from our team will get to work building a strong case on your behalf. We will do all of the following:
- Collect evidence – This involves gathering all items that support your claim, including the police report, your medical records, interviews from eyewitnesses, as well as surveillance video and pictures from the accident scene.
- Handle all communication – From law enforcement to expert witnesses, and the insurance adjusters, we will handle all communication once you hire us to represent you.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies – Our founding partner has more than 40 years of experience handling personal injury cases. We know how to negotiate with the insurance companies, so you do not accept a low-ball settlement that does not cover your total damages.
- Take your case to trial – If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, our attorneys are prepared to take your case to trial and stand by you until a judge or jury reaches a verdict.
In addition, our personal injury lawyer who handles motorcycle accident cases in Meadville will need to establish the four elements of negligence to prove your claim. They include:
- Duty – The responsible party had a duty of care to act in a reasonable and safe manner that protected you and others on the road from harm.
- Breach – The responsible party breached that duty through a negligent or reckless act that led to the accident.
- Causation – That act (e.g., running into you, cutting you off, etc.) caused you harm.
- Damages – The accident led to your injuries and other losses.
After a motorcycle crash, you are most likely in pain, unable to work, and trying to get back on your feet. An attorney from Berger and Green can handle all of the legal hurdles in your case so you can focus on getting better.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Meadville, call 412-661-1400
You Could Receive a Payout for Your Meadville Motorcycle Accident
Once a lawyer from our firm establishes negligence, our team will pursue compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company or take your case to court. You may be eligible to receive two types of damages for the accident and your crash-related injuries.
Economic damages are easier to calculate based on the financial damages you suffered as a result of the accident. These include:
- Past and future medical costs – (e.g., hospital stays, medical procedures, assistive devices such as a wheelchair or crutches, prescription medications, and possibly long-term rehabilitation depending on the severity of your injuries).
- Lost wages – (e.g., if you missed days of work due to doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, etc., resulting from your accident-related injuries).
- Lost earning capacity – (e.g., bonuses or promotions you did not get due to time missed from work or being unable to perform your job duties as you did before the crash).
- Property damage – (e.g., the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle and other property damaged or destroyed in the accident).
Non-economic damages are more challenging to place a value on as they relate to the motorcycle accident’s economic toll on you. These include:
- Pain and suffering – (e.g., the injuries you sustained have left you with daily, chronic pain that makes activities like grocery shopping or helping your kids with homework impossible).
- Mental anguish – (e.g., the traumatic experience has left you depressed, anxious, or with insomnia which may require psychological counseling).
- Loss of enjoyment of activities – (e.g., hobbies or activities you enjoyed before the accident such as bicycling, jogging, or gardening).
- Disfigurement or scarring – (e.g., the accident altered your appearance or left you with permanent scars).
- Loss of consortium – (e.g., you lost a loved one as a result of the motorcycle accident).
If a spouse or partner passed away in a motorcycle accident, our thoughts are with you and your family. You may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recoup compensation for funeral and burial costs and more. A lawyer at our firm familiar with the laws and statutes in Meadville and the surrounding area can determine if your case applies.
Meadville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Do Not Delay in Filing Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Every state sets a limit on the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court. In Pennsylvania, Pa. C.S.A. § 5524 states you have two years from the date the accident occurred to file your lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, a judge could dismiss your case, and you will lose your opportunity to seek compensation and justice.
The team at Berger and Green will ensure all pertinent court documents are filed on time, so you do not have to keep track. The sooner we file, the better, as evidence tends to disappear over time, and our goal is to build a strong case on your behalf.
Call a Berger and Green Team Member Today
Our personal injury team wants to get started on your case right away. Call (412) 661-1400 to discuss your case with a team member today. The initial consultation is free, and there is no obligation.