File a Claim With a Car Accident Lawyer in Beaver, PA
Although Pennsylvania had the third-lowest number of traffic fatalities on record in 2018, there were still 1,190 people who lost their lives on roads within the state that year, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). If a negligent driver caused your car accident, the personal injury team at Berger and Green may be able to help. We serve clients throughout the area, and a Beaver car accident lawyer from our team may quickly get to work on assembling evidence to establish your claim. Set up a free case review by calling us at (412) 661-1400.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Beaver, call 412-219-5084
When You Can Pursue Compensation if You Were Hurt in a Motor Vehicle Accident
In Pennsylvania, the types of damages that you may be able to recover for your car accident claim may be determined based on the decision you made when you obtained car insurance. You have the option of selecting one of the following options:
Under limited tort coverage, you and others covered by your insurance policy can recover all costs for medical treatment and out-of-pocket losses you suffered because of the accident, but you cannot recover awards for pain and suffering or other non-monetary damages, according to 75 Pa. C.S.A. § 1705. There is an exception to the limitation if the injury is considered “serious,” which is defined in the insurance policy.
Under full tort coverage, you and others covered by your policy may recover compensation for all forms of damages you suffered in the accident, including for pain and suffering and other non-monetary losses, that another driver caused. This type of insurance is typically more expensive, but it can allow you to seek a greater amount of compensation, even if your injury is not considered “serious.”
Beaver Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-219-5084
Damages You May Be Able to Recover in a Car Accident Claim
Depending on the type of insurance you have, you may be able to recover compensation for the following types of damages you sustain in a car accident:
- Medical expenses: this includes compensation for the medical expenses you have already incurred, as well as the expenses for medical treatment that is reasonably anticipated in the future.
- Lost wages: if you had to miss time off work to recover from the accident, you may be able to receive compensation for your lost wages.
- Vehicle damage: regardless of which type of insurance coverage you have, you can make a vehicle damage claim against the negligent driver to cover the costs to repair or replace your vehicle.
- Pain and suffering: you may be able to recover damages for pain and suffering, subject to the limitations discussed above.
- Lost earning capacity: if you became disabled because of the accident or had to move to a less lucrative career because of your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for your reduced or lost earning capacity.
If you would like a better idea about the potential damages involved in your claim, contact our team by calling (412) 661-1400.
Evidence to Prove Fault and Liability
Once you retain the services of a Beaver car accident lawyer on our team, we will quickly get to work on investigating your claim. We will gather evidence to establish fault and liability, potentially including:
- The accident report
- Records of any traffic citations issued in the crash
- Admissions from the other driver
- Eyewitness testimony
- Photos of the accident scene
- Video footage from dashcams, traffic cameras, or nearby businesses
- Medical records
- Employment records
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Car Accident Claims We Can Assist With
Laurence B. Green has more than 40 years of experience. Combined with the other staff attorneys, our firm has handled thousands of personal injury cases on behalf of clients throughout the area. We can capably assist you with car accident claims involving:
- Rear-end collisions: a car behind you following too closely may result in a rear-end collision.
- Truck accidents: our team can help with complex truck accident cases by conducting a thorough investigation into the underlying causes of the accident and identifying all potentially liable parties.
- Motorcycle accidents: even at low speeds, motorcyclists may suffer significant injuries when they are hit by a driver who is not paying attention.
- Pedestrian accidents: our team can also assist pedestrians who are injured by careless drivers.
- Speeding: our team can investigate if the other driver was exceeding the speed limit at the time of the accident. It is more difficult to control vehicles at higher rates of speed.
- Drunk driving accidents: drunk driving can significantly impair a person’s ability to drive safely. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that impaired drivers may experience difficulty steering, maintaining their vehicle in the lane, and controlling speed, and they may also have problems concentrating, recognizing hazards, or making clear judgments.
- Distracted driving: unfortunately, many people do not appreciate the seriousness of operating a metal machine that weighs thousands of pounds and may text, eat, drink, groom, or pay more attention to audio or navigational controls than the important task of driving.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accident victims may suffer from a variety of injuries, depending on several factors, including:
- The speed of both vehicles at the time of the accident
- The point of impact
- Pre-existing injuries
- The type of safety equipment in the vehicle
Common car accident injuries include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Leg injuries
Limited Time to File a Claim
According to 42 Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, you generally only have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, so it is important not to delay. Your lawyer will need time to investigate your accident, gather evidence, and negotiate for a favorable settlement with the insurance company before filing a lawsuit in court.
Contact Our Team for Help with Your Claim
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, a Beaver car accident lawyer from Berger and Green may be able to help. We can discuss your legal rights and options during a free consultation you can arrange by calling (412) 661-1400.