When to Consult a Workers’ Compensation Attorney.
If you were injured on the job, you may not know where to turn. Medical bills, wage loss and future employment are a concern of many. The benefits that you may receive from your employer’s insurance carrier will vary depending on the nature and severity of your injuries.
Generally, you may be entitled to payment of your medical bills, wage loss benefits, temporary or partial disability and permanent partial disability. If your injuries are severe enough to prohibit you from ever working at all, then you may even be eligible for permanent total disability benefits.
Contacting a workers’ compensation attorney will help you understand what your rights are following a workplace accident.
A workplace accident may include cases of exposure to dangerous chemicals, slips and falls, industrial or construction accidents, traffic collisions and even accidents that occur while you are traveling for work related purposes.
An employer may be quick to deny your claim for workers’ compensation benefits to protect themselves.
You should contact an attorney if any of the following apply to you:
- Your injuries are severe and require surgery.
- You and your doctor believe your health will not be the same it was prior to the injury.
- You feel you are unable to go back to work, but your employer says you need to return.
- You want to dispute a decision made by your employer or their insurance company regarding your workers’ compensation claim.
- You feel the benefits you are receiving are inadequate.
- Your medical benefits have been denied.
- You simply do not understand the process and need guidance.
It is important to know you have options following a workplace accident and you should not be held responsible.
Recovering compensation after an accident
For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400
If you were injured on the job or lost a loved one while they were on the job, contact the experienced attorneys at Berger and Green. We keep in mind your present and future needs. Call Berger and Green at 412-661-1400 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Pittsburgh today.