The holiday shopping season kicks off this Friday. Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year, but can quickly become the most dangerous. The holiday season can present many dangers for shoppers. If you plan on doing some holiday shopping this weekend, follow these important safety tips to ensure you and your family’s safety
- Dress for the weather and comfortably. You may have to wait outside in long lines.
- Shop during the day. If shopping at night, never go alone.
- Keep children at home. Having children walk through large crowds puts them at risk.
- Try and pay for your purchases with cards rather than cash. If traveling with cash, keep it in your front pocket.
- When using an ATM, be on high alert and never throw your receipt into the trash.
- Never leave purses or packages visible in your vehicle.
- Park in a well-lit area and keep doors locked at all times.
For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400
Driving can also be dangerous during the busy holiday shopping season. There are more vehicles on the road than any other time of the year. Take your time while driving and avoid all distractions. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, contact the law firm of Berger and Green to review your rights. You may be entitled to compensation. Pursuing a claim after an accident can help pay for unexpected costs such as wage loss, medical bills and pain, and suffering. Call 412-661-1400 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Pittsburgh at Berger and Green today.
Source: Consumersafety.org, “Black Friday: Safe Shopping Tips”