Berger and Green has been successful in obtaining settlements for clients to compensate them for their pain and suffering and economic losses even when there is no source of insurance coverage. Many times individuals are involved in accidents and there is no source of insurance. The Pennsylvania Financial Responsibility Assigned Claims Plan is available to provide compensation to victims of motor vehicle accidents with no insurance.
A person is eligible to recover benefits from the Assigned Claims Plan if the person:
- Resides in Pennsylvania.
- Is injured as the result of a motor vehicle accident occurring in Pennsylvania.
- Is not the owner of a motor vehicle that is required to be registered.
- Is not the operator or occupant of a motor vehicle owned by the Federal Government or any of its agencies, departments, or authorities.
- Is not the operator or occupant of a motor vehicle owned by a self-insurer or by an individual or entity who or which is immune from liability, or is not required to provide benefits or uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.
- Is otherwise not entitled to receive any first party benefits from any insurance policy.
- Is not the operator or occupant of a recreational vehicle not intended for highway use, such as a motorcycle, a motor-driven cycle, or a motorized pedalcycle or other like type vehicle required to be registered and involved in the accident.
A person is not eligible to receive benefits from the Assigned Claims Plan if that person contributed to his own injury in any of the following ways:
- While intentionally injuring himself or another or attempting to intentionally injure himself or another.
- While committing a felony.
- While eluding arrest by a law enforcement official.
While knowingly converting a motor vehicle.
Contact A Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one is involved in an accident and you are told there is no insurance you should still call Berger and Green for a free evaluation of your case. The Personal Injury lawyers at Berger and Green may be able to find a source of insurance coverage.