Many people travel to their vacation destinations by vehicle. The most important thing you can do before heading out on the road is to make sure your vehicle is safe and running well. Although an accident can occur at any time, when traveling through unfamiliar places, your chance of an accident occurring is even higher. Busy highways, distractions in your vehicle, and unfamiliar roads can all contribute to the unfortunate event of an accident.
In any accident, in state or out, it is beneficial for you to follow these few steps.
- Call the police to file a police report. This will be beneficial if you do need to file a personal injury claim.
- Seek medical attention. Document which facility you went to and what doctors you saw there.
- If possible, you or someone you are with, should take pictures of the accident scene, the surrounding area and the vehicles involved.
- Get names and contact information of any witnesses of the accident.
- Contact a personal injury attorney in your state to discuss what your options are.
Keep in mind that different states can enforce different laws. Typically, your auto insurance will follow you from state to state and determine what your rights are.
Recovering compensation after an accident.
For a free legal consultation, call 412-661-1400
If you have been injured in an accident while traveling on vacation, contact the personal injury lawyers at Berger and Green for a free no obligation consultation. Pursuing a claim after an accident can help pay for unexpected costs such as wage loss, medical bills and pain, and suffering. At Berger and Green, we take into account your present and future needs. Call 412-661-1400 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Pittsburgh at Berger and Green today.